PDA

View Full Version : 08 vs 07 model

Limishowman3
07-17-2008, 12:41 AM
I have an 07 model and it seems to me that more people are having problems with the new 08 models. They are not major flaws, but I haven't had any problems with my 07 model except for stuff coming loose, which happens because of vibration. What is yall's take on this?

csmsk
07-17-2008, 12:51 AM
I've got an '07 LSV.... no problems. I mean NO problems. Owned it for 18 months now, put 125 hours on it, spent thousands on upgrades so far (just can't stop), and most of all, the family and I have had nothing but great times with it!

*Knocks on wood*

dtlaine
07-17-2008, 11:22 PM
I have a 2007 OB V w/ about 85 hrs on it, and the only problem I had is that the rear grab bar came loose. I'm also having an issue where all the bags fill up when I only hit the front one. That's an issue w/ the dealer installation, as I'm assuming they would have installed the same pump, valves, and bags if it was a 2008 model. I'm planning to get those fixed under warranty soon.

FoilTechHydrofoiler
07-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I've got an '07 LSV.... no problems. I mean NO problems. Owned it for 18 months now, put 125 hours on it, spent thousands on upgrades so far (just can't stop), and most of all, the family and I have had nothing but great times with it!

*Knocks on wood*

This is EXACTLY the way a boat owner should feel. Congrats Rock ON!!
I'm the same way.

zegm
07-18-2008, 12:30 PM
We have had no problems with our new LS (31hours) but we had a major problem with a mechanic, and to be honest he was just trying to get us back on the water! Other than that the boat has been Great!!!
In 22 years of owning a MasterCraft (sorry Ed!!!) we were only towed home once!!! It was always the first day of the year when you went to get it ready that you discovered what sitting over the winter will do to a boat!

deafgoose
07-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Only problems on my 2008 OBV is the steering wheel was not aligned and the switch panel fell off on the first day out.

It has 29hrs on it.

zegm
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM
What if anything have you done to align the steering wheel? I would like to fix that little issue with ours too!

deafgoose
07-18-2008, 12:46 PM
What if anything have you done to align the steering wheel? I would like to fix that little issue with ours too!

Simple. I used a 19mm socket on the nut that holds the wheel.

zegm
07-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Wow that was too easy!!!! 19mm???? You must mean 3/4"!!!!
19/24.5=.748

deafgoose
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Wow that was too easy!!!! 19mm???? You must mean 3/4"!!!!
19/24.5=.748

That might work too but I used a 19mm socket. ;)

zegm
07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I have always driven Euro cars and motorcycles so I know the metric system. I worked in the US auto industry for years and it is metric. But the last 3 years I have been working in the military industry and it is fractional. When are they going to wake up and realize the world has left them behind!!!! I hate fractional!!! What you too lazy to divide I always ask them!!! :)

wolfeman131
07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm taking my '08 OBV in for the 20hr service after the weekend and have also asked that they take care of the following:

-gauges (except speedo & tach) are all "fogging"
-cowling over instruments looks hacked on left side, not a smooth edge as on right side
-speaker wire is hanging down under bow cushion
-trailer reverse lights fill with water
-noise from transmision (?) around 2,200 rpm

I've already sent an email to Atlanta Marine about this and got a nice response from them. I don't think there will be any hassle from them getting everything fixed to my satisfaction. I know some of the items are minor, but it's a new boat, so I think everything should be right. Overall, we love our boat!

Sled491
07-19-2008, 11:08 PM
You know except for the 2 blown coolant hoses I have been extremely happy. Our dealer "Lauderdale Lakes", here in WI have been just outstanding and really have gone out of there way to make us happy, (maybe because of my hot wife?). I will state though that our last boat was ordered brand new as well, and except for a minor gel coat issue we never took that boat in for anything. Maybe it's a sign of the times or maybe Ski Boats are just higher maintanence?

kipp
07-20-2008, 01:38 PM
08 LS, have had 2 problems, high pitch whine in speakers ( ground issue) and the docking lights both leaked ( had to remove and re-seal). MY boat is 8 hours away and 4 hrs from nearest dealer. I have 62 hours on the boat.
Kipp