PDA

View Full Version : TBI or MPI Motor

Shawn
10-18-2003, 11:54 AM
We are ordering a "04 Mobius LSV" I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra money for the MPI engine. Anyone have likes and dislikes?

Brian Raymond
10-19-2003, 09:41 PM
The TBI has not changed (as far as hp) since last year. There were some fuel pump modifications and some plumbing changes. The MPI has the same changes as the TBI, but, has undegone some muscle training. The new MPI has a different intake and exhaust manifold set up that gives the new Assault motor another 10hp. from last year bringing it up to 340hp. This may not sound like much, the intake and ex. manifold help with the power coming in at earlier rpms. The response of throttle to power is immediately felt this year, hi torque @ lo rpms = great motor. See if the dealer has a MPI demo(inboard or V), and drive it. By no means, the TBI is a great motor also, but, if the $ is there for the MPI, why not?

Shawn
10-24-2003, 04:11 AM
Thanks Brian, I think I will have to stick with the TBI for this boat. Other options are eating up my money, like a heater and some stuff my wife wanted. Thanks for the info!