PDA

View Full Version : My new wakesurf board *pics and vid*

deafgoose
07-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I traded-in my CWB Razr for this Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro. The difference is night and day. The Razr was more stable but the edges were too round so it couldn’t carve hard.

Dimensions: Small - 51" x 20-1/4" x 3/4" Rider size up to 165 lbs.

Next step is buying a 725lb launch pad ballast bag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtRj2TCMrp8

http://www.dansouliere.com/pictures/phase5-1.jpg

http://www.dansouliere.com/pictures/phase5-2.jpg

deafgoose
07-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Drew Danielo Pro Model -

The Drew Danielo Pro Model also features a sharper edge to make it a bit quicker into the wake. In addition, the quickness is boosted because the drew is a bit lighter as well. If this board is good enough for Drew, it is good enough for you.

This is a board designed for Performance by 3X World Champ, Drew Danielo. This board is a little shorter, to give you more room on the wake. It is also a little wider from the middle to the tail, giving it an amazing planeing area. In addition the pro is lighter and features a sharper edge to make it a bit quicker into the wake. This board is FAST and ready to POP, SPIN & SHUV its way onto your boat. Best ridden on large wakes. Built with premium Texalium cloth and a vacuum bag process.

Small - 51" x 20-1/4" x 3/4" Rider size up to 165 lbs.
Large - 54" x 20-1/2" x 3/4" Rider size up to 200 lbs.
X-Large - 57" x 20-1/2 x 3/4" Rider Size 200lbs

The resins the boards are laid up with are tinted giving the board its color:

Red, Hot Pink, Blue, Teal, Green (as shown) and clear/silver (Clear allows the silver of the material show, as shown.)

Fakie-Fin addition takes 4-6 weeks for delivery.

$ 492 .00

04OUTBACK
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
NICE looking ride...and how did you pull of the trade? pretty cool deal!

deafgoose
07-16-2008, 11:53 PM
NICE looking ride...and how did you pull of the trade? pretty cool deal!

The place I bought my Razr actually buy's/sells used equipment. Even though I bought the board new they did a full refund but charged me 60$ rental fee for the two weeks I had it. It had a couple scratches so it worked out great.

Sled491
07-17-2008, 08:47 PM
I like it very much, very good looking board. I wonder about those foot placement specific pads? I wonder if it makes things easier?

Sled491
07-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Deafgoose, I wish I was better at the quote thing because just last week you said how great your Razar was and how it would be years before you outgrew it. Man things change fast:)

deafgoose
07-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Deafgoose, I wish I was better at the quote thing because just last week you said how great your Razar was and how it would be years before you outgrew it. Man things change fast:)

I should have never said that because I had nothing to compare it with.

It was really easy to learn on and very stable but that's about it.

Sled491
07-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Deaf, just busting your balls. No worries

deafgoose
07-17-2008, 09:41 PM
I picked up a 725lb ballast bag today with matching pump. That should give me a good size wake. :)

http://www.wakesurf.ca/pictures/ballast.jpg

deafgoose
07-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Here is how the bag looked on the seats. It would probably fall off without the strap.

I am wondering if I could put it ontop my 400lb bag in my left rear locker?

http://www.wakesurf.ca/pictures/ballastfull.jpg

byronkoz
07-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I wonder how much of a differance it would make if you just put it on the floor? I have seen were people stacked sacs, works fine.

deafgoose
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I wonder how much of a differance it would make if you just put it on the floor? I have seen were people stacked sacs, works fine.

It's about a 2" difference when measuring the water line on the side of the boat.

Sled491
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah DG that looks kind of Hookey if you know what I mean. I don't remember you rear configuration, is there no room in the rear on either side of the engine for a sak?

04OUTBACK
07-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Goose.. does the rear/center seat move around on the OBV like the LSVs?
We moved ours sideways next to the side seat this weekend and it held the sac pretty good..

deafgoose
07-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Goose.. does the rear/center seat move around on the OBV like the LSVs?
We moved ours sideways next to the side seat this weekend and it held the sac pretty good..

Wow as if I didn't think of that!

Yeah it does. I will give that a try next time. :D

Thanks!

deafgoose
07-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah DG that looks kind of Hookey if you know what I mean. I don't remember you rear configuration, is there no room in the rear on either side of the engine for a sak?

Maybe.

I just dont know if its possible to put 725lb of weight ontop my 400lb fat sac in the rear locker.

Sled491
07-30-2008, 12:02 AM
DG wouldn't you pull the 400 and then add in your new 750?

deafgoose
07-30-2008, 12:17 AM
DG wouldn't you pull the 400 and then add in your new 750?

I need them both to get the perfect wave.

Sled491
07-30-2008, 12:27 AM
What if you put the 750 in the rear trunk and the 400 in the ski locker. As I understand it the 750 will give you the height and the 400 in the locker will give you the length. I have found that more often than not we are worrying about the height of the wave and not the length which gives you a more surfable wafe.

Chad from the boards here was out with us this past weekend and was able to get a more surfable wave behind his LSV than we could get from a 22SSV Supra with over 1200lbs in the back + 400 in the locker. Might be worth looking into.

deafgoose
07-30-2008, 12:54 AM
I already have a 450 in the ski locker. My boat has the gravity 3 system.

Chad M
07-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Chad from the boards here was out with us this past weekend and was able to get a more surfable wave behind his LSV than we could get from a 22SSV Supra with over 1200lbs in the back + 400 in the locker. Might be worth looking into.

Sled,
I was running darkside with 750 in the corner and 400 in the locker at ~10mph with the wakeplate ~50%. Just my wife driving and less than 100 lbs of kids in the boat. While you guys were watching Kyle's wakeboard show, I was enjoying a great session on my Blue Lake (no offense to Kyle - I'm just a greedy bastard when it comes to water time). Wake was nice and clean although shorter & not as long as when I have another 400 behind the driver.

Then when I hopped behind the Supra, the wake was washing out. I think this was because the weight was mostly peeps (just a 400 sac in the rear?) and they weren't concentrated to the side/corner. You might have noticed that the prop wash would sort of build up and then collapse onto the wave pretty regularly. Keep playing with distribution, speed and wakeplate and you guys will have it - you're close.

Too bad we didn't have more time before lunch and the raffle. It would be fun to get a WI/IL border surf session in so I can try that board of yours.

Chad

Sled491
07-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Chad, watching you really gave me some important lessons. But like you said we still have a bit of work to do on set up. But we were running 750 in the rear locker and 400 in the center. I think we needed to move some people up front to lenghten the wave, plus we were running the wakeplate at 100. Next time 1st thing I want to do is start raising the plate.

For next weekend I'm going to try Ed's set up for our Outback and see how this works for us. Our lake is funny though because it goes deep then shallow through a channel then deep so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hopefully they have a fall tie up party and we can get together again to work on some stuff, and you can ride my board anytime no probs. In fact if you ever feel like a road trip look us up we have a nice little place on an island over in lake country SE WI.

04OUTBACK
07-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Sled/Chad
I have LSV.. we ran 400 center, 750 in locker, about 400 on seat sac and 225 sittin on the rail by the tower.. plus 2 gals up front...less than 240 up front
No question, up front weight helped lengthen the wake.. that was the first time I could get a decent free ride in..

Sounds like you guys had fun up there.. wish mississippi wasn't so far from all these events..

Sled491
07-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Brad, you'll just have to use some of those free air miles and fly to one. I'm sure you'll have no problems finding a host for the day. Heck if you could put up with my kids your always welcome on Mrs Sleds boat ha ha :)

tlatoani
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey Goose, you still happy with the P5? I'm considering the same board. Not sure I want to bump up to the limited edition, but it's pretty.

deafgoose
08-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey Goose, you still happy with the P5? I'm considering the same board. Not sure I want to bump up to the limited edition, but it's pretty.

I wont trade it for any other board on the market.

I am getting really comfortable with it!