PDA

View Full Version : Lengthening Ballast Tubing for 750 Sac

KarMobLSV06
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I bot 2 750 # sacs for the back compartments in my 2006 LSV. They are alot biggger and taller than the 06 factory sacs and there is not enoungh slack in the tubing. When they are full it is pulling the tubing off the fitting going into the sac.

Anyone run into this problem? If so what was your fix?

Thanks

Chad M
07-16-2008, 11:33 AM
I bought a couple feet of 3/4" ID tubing at the hardware store and used standard 5/8"-3/4" hose repair couplings to add onto the existing hoses. Less than $10 altogether.

04OUTBACK
07-16-2008, 01:21 PM
KarMob,
I can't remember where, but recently there was a post on here about re routing the hoses to get a little more room... may wanna try a search on that...
Chad makes a pretty good suggestion..

cab13367
07-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I only have one 750 which I use on the port side when surfing. I swapped out the front and the rear port side hoses. See the link below.

Al

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5725

KarMobLSV06
07-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Looks like I am off to Lowes to get some 3/4" ID Hose, Connectors and Clamps. Seems the easiest way with 3 sacs is to extend each hose by about a foot. Thanks for the input.

KarMobLSV06
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Autozone had everything needed for $13 and it is right up the street from my office and alot faster than Lowes. I got black 3/4" ID Hose 2 pieces 1 foot long, two 3/4" connectors on each end to splice in and six stainless steel clamps. Should be an easy project next rip down! No more hoses coming off and filling up boat. That will be nice.

Has anyone experienced the vent cap coming off, if keep pump on too long on the 750 # sacs? I think SC glued the caps on the bags at factory, may do that as well on the new sacs.

moombadaze
07-18-2008, 01:50 PM
is there any hardware on the bags that needs to be transfered to the 750lber ? mine should be here today or tomorrow

cab13367
07-18-2008, 08:56 PM
is there any hardware on the bags that needs to be transfered to the 750lber ? mine should be here today or tomorrow

moombadaze,

Yes, you will need to transfer the fittings from one bag to another unless you ordered fittings for your 750.

Al

04OUTBACK
07-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Daze,
There is a technique for removing the fittings if you need to do that.. I called the Fly High guys and they walked me right through it..
If you have time to wait, I would order additional fittings so you can keep using your old bag if needed. Wakeside.com has them and where you guys are, you probably can find them in a shop nearby...
They are glued in.. Fly High suggest take a hair dryer (NOT A HEAT GUN!) and heat it for 5-8 minutes. Then you set it on the ground and put one foot JUST next to the fitting and with the other, you step on the fitting and bend it over... What you heat up is the threaded rubber ring on the sac, not the fitting.. once warm, it loosens up a little and you basically roll the fitting off the threads..
You can mess the threads up a little possibly.. but, you can use rubber cement again to put new ones in..
Again, my suggestion from past experience is to try to get new fitting so you can reuse them.

BW
PS, love the new boat!

KarMobLSV06
07-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I ordered the fittings when I ordered the bags they are these:

http://www.wakeside.com/product/boat/ballast/ballast_fittings/fly+high+pro+x+3-4%22+quick+release+connector.do

Make sure to order 4 total, 2 for each bag fill and drain on each.