PDA

View Full Version : Our forms are better then your forums

jester
07-16-2008, 01:03 AM
So I found myself on the Supra forms this evening because of a post on another forum. Anyways we have a lot of activity each day helping each other out on service issues, upgrades, and so on. The supra forums have like one post for today. I then looked at Malibu and Mastercraft’s websites for forums and could not find any. I would like to say this is another great reason to buy a Moomba. This is a great community and i am happy to be apart of it.

deafgoose
07-16-2008, 02:27 AM
I agree.

But how many Moomba's are sold per year .vs Supra, MC and Malibu?

kaneboats
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes, we can certainly scream louder and we proved it at the Jam. Of course, Z & Mrs.Z could attest to that too.

dtlaine
07-17-2008, 11:34 PM
According to my local dealer, Moomba was the best selling tournament boat in the Tampa/St. Pete area in 2007 for the first time.

I was on a couple boats in the Ann Arbor, MI area over the 4th, and it appeared that Malibu had the lion's share in that area. I work in the motorcycle industry, and it's interesting to see market share in different areas. A lot of it has to do w/ the dealer being proactive and advertising. With the economy softening, I would have to imagine that Moomba will benefit (or lose less sales) compared to Malibu, MC, CC, etc.

By the way, MC has a forum @ mastercraft.com. I was considering an X1, and I read through the forums for a while. They're pathetic compared to the participation in the Moomba forum.

FoilTechHydrofoiler
07-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I have a Supra and I come over to this forum because there is alot more activity. Supra forum mostly has people fixing older boats. Nothing wrong with that. just not much about riding.

Sled491
07-19-2008, 11:13 PM
DT, my buddy an 06 Outback owner was considering there current deal so I said I would stop in the MC dealer by the htel I've been staying at for work. Lets just say that he'll be upgrading in the SC family and I doubt I'll ever leave it as well. An X1 which is there starting V drive is over 50 without the trailer. Nicely appointed about 67k, and X2 is between 75 and 80 K. Nope, while I don't pretend to have there flash I cetainly got it where it counts, our Outbacks come with bigger motors!

dtlaine
07-20-2008, 10:03 AM
The one I was considering was a demo, so it was priced reasonably, but it's 5" narrower than an OB V. Plus, the lake I live on has a 18' rule. There were a couple OB V's on the lake already, so the HOA let me bring a 4th one on the lake. We got in a big fight over the X1, and I'm glad I lost.

The X1 isn't a bad boat, but it's not super-nice, either. You can go into an X-Star or X2 and see all the little appointments that somewhat justify the higher prices. The X1 doesn't have them.

I have heard from a pro that the X2 doesn't make a very good wake. I'm not good enough to tell the difference, but he said he prefers not to be pulled by the X2. He said the X-Star is as good as it gets.

gcombe74
07-20-2008, 10:22 AM
I would have to agree... moomba owners are different... here is how i see it... its not just this forum but maybe a personal attitude? meaning they(WE) are not so pretentious? So helping people, making new friends is not a problem?

But as odd as this seems it carries over to some other things. At my lake There is always an MC or Malibu that pulls out of th water parks right at top and the people hop out and start to dry off the boat ext... no regard for anyone else trying to get off the lake..... I dont mean this just happens here or there.. but every time I go out. And I mean its always an MC or Malibu? So I guess my opinion is if your all about you.. I doubt that a forum is the place you would find such a person...

I think I have said enough... damn sorry if I offend anyone...

Sled491
07-20-2008, 11:24 AM
No NO, you are correct, I poped in on the MC forum the other day, very quiet and boring. But there are some old school dudes there. I mean we have Ed with 2000 posts, there was a guy there with way over 6000. The one thing I did like was that you could find hook ups there, I mean they had a site for finding people in your area, seemed kind of cool.

jester
07-20-2008, 03:30 PM
I would say going to the Owners Reunion was a great way to meet people in the area. Too bad it only happens once a year. I also remember a post about a online map of where Moomba owners are located.