PDA

View Full Version : more opinions plz.....

jixxxer
07-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Its me again, Looking at the 99 outback. Its in good cond., upgraded graphics, tower, sound system. Guages dont work....and he's not planning on fixing it but will allow it in the price. Its $440, heres the link http://www.llmarine.com/product.htm?pid=576877&catid= so dont know the hours. Im gonna be wakeboarding mainly behind this boat. Its basically between this boat, he wants 15k but the most i would go is 12k or a 1990 malibu skier (closed bow:(), i drove that one and was impressed, it had p.p. , auto ballast, and in overall great cond., it only needs a rubrail and maybe a steering cable. price $7800 firm with 500 hours. The only other thing that bugs me about the maibu besides the closed bow is its narrow as sh*t. So what do u yall think, i need another boat, im having withdrawls!

zegm
07-15-2008, 09:28 AM
It is nice to have an hour meter but if this is not there then you could have the engine compression tested by a good mechanic, or really have a good "inboard" mechanic inspect the whole boat. If the numbers look good then I would not be so concerned about the hours on the engine. We actually never had an hour meter on our old MC but after showing the new owner everything we had done to her over the years, with reciepts and then taking him out to see how great it ran he bought it right there on the spot!
A narrow boat is pretty much a SKI boat! If you like the Malibu but you want to wakeboard then you need to get pulled behind that boat to see if it will do what you want it to do. Again our old MC was sooooo narrow and wake???? The wake was about as high as my cell phone laying here on the desk! I was reminded of that this past weekend when MrsZ was going through the slalom course in our new LS!

zabooda
07-15-2008, 12:23 PM
If the Moomba checks out OK with only the guages being an issue then the $3K drop in his asking price would be reasonable if the electronic box doesn't fix the problem and you have to trace out wiring or install new wiring. The Malibu Skier is not near the same quality as the Malibu of recent years. The Malibu Skier at least in the 80's were a poor quality knockoff of the Mastercraft and it is only a ski boat with very little wake. The Boomrang is a better boat than the Malibu Skier ever was. I remember being in the Malibu Skier and watching the pylon flex with the skier.

maxpower220
07-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Please keep looking for other boats. Check ebay.com and boattrader.com. You will find a much better boat for your needs than either of those 2 boats.