PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LSV -- This is how we float...lol

gcombe74
07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
A year later and just posting...

RPE_LSV
07-15-2008, 12:34 AM
GORGEOUS. How do you like the transom protector padding?

gcombe74
07-15-2008, 12:43 AM
I love the padding on the transom, even more so since my kids started boarding, they are 8 and 9 and they are not as careful as I am sure most of us are with our babies... so they have been way great to help stop boards from banging into the transom.

jester
07-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Very nice boat. One question. What is on the boat next ot the swim deck? is that padding or just the design?

gcombe74
07-15-2008, 01:15 AM
its just padding... gator grip to be specific... on my 04 LSV I redid the whole deck.. had some left over and just figured to protect the back I would cut a couple pieces to stop any damage.

04OUTBACK
07-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Great looking boat. Like the ROO Too.
MAN, way to go with 5 board racks!! Good idea on the transom protection! I have a few fresh scratches this year :-( I am thinking of doing something to protect...

jkendall79
07-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Sweet boat! I love the color combo.

xlvgg
07-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Do you have covers on your speakers? Where did you get them? Did you go to Pineview last Friday?

wolfeman131
07-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Great looking boat and total rig w/ truck setup! Thanks for the idea for protecting the transom.

gcombe74
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Do you have covers on your speakers? Where did you get them? Did you go to Pineview last Friday?

I did not go to pineview... that place is insane... I usually go further east to boat. its a drive.. but echo is where i ride... my wife will probably kill me for saying that because on a week night I can go up and there might be 2 boats on the lake... but that is how i like it! yeah they are speaker sox. http://www.speakersox.com/

I have wetsounds pro 80's on the tower with those covering them.

gcombe74
07-15-2008, 05:19 PM
oh shit one last thing and this is the place to get them gone, I was going to ebay but I hate that place its a pain these days... but I have 2 sets of board racks that go on the cross members on the tower... anyone that wants them i will sell them for $100, i think i paid 200 or so from monster which bought xtp. but they are just like the facotry ones you get from SC... I bought some air booms to replace the ones that i have and now they are just hanging in the garage!

jester
07-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Gcombe74 how many boards do you have on your boat at once? I just noticed all the board racks. That is crazy. I might lose my board in that mix.

tazz3069
07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
great looking boat. I just might have to get one of those surfboard rack for my boat now.

gcombe74
07-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Gcombe74 how many boards do you have on your boat at once? I just noticed all the board racks. That is crazy. I might lose my board in that mix.

WEll.... it depends.. I usually have 2 that I ride.. or switch between.. my wife has hers and my kids each have one.. that is 6! And if we bring family I usually bring 2-3 more. And at times I have friends I take and they bring thier gear.. I guess my take is you cannot have enough space.

The lower one.. thats a dbot5 removable.. its for my wakeskate and surfer.

TEll you what though... if you are in utah and have your board.. I will take you out and I promise it wont get lost... lol :cool:

GeauxTigers
07-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Gcombe... nice rig! Glad to see someone else in Utah finally posting on the board! Last week, I was in Jordanelle, which was a complete ZOO!! I did see at least 8 other Moomba's out there though.

gcombe74
07-18-2008, 06:34 PM
V - Nice... you been on echo lately.. saw a complete red one there about 2 weeks ago. think it was two weeks ago saturday? I see a few here and there... alot of bu's and MC's up there.. but only a few moombas?

I dont know what was up with last weekend.. but seems like every lake was busy... guess people getting over gas prices... :rolleyes:

GeauxTigers
07-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Nope... never been to Echo. I may go to Rockport tomorrow. Came highly recommended and less crowded than Echo or Jordanelle. Strawberry for Pioneer weekend. How about you?

gcombe74
07-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Echo is not usually that crowded..... I say usually.. but last weekend was way busy. I am headed to monarch Colorado tommorow for a vacation so I no Lake time for me till next weekend! We ride Tuesday and Thursday if you ever want to meet up during the week.. usually on Sunday we go out about 2pm float for about 3 hours or so.. watch people on the lake for cheap entertainment and usually find it hillarious and then board after people clear out...

Never been to jordanelle, I live close to Ogden so it would be drive.. echo is about as far as we go... if we dont head up to Flaming Gorge.

GeauxTigers
07-19-2008, 07:23 PM
I was up at Flaming Gorge two weeks ago. The water was still a bit cold but we had a great time. We stayed at Lucerne Campground. One day we rode down to the dam and much to our surprise a huge thunderstorm blew in and actually got hailed on!! We nearly froze to death!!

yearround
07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
i am interested in the racks. pm sent
thanks

gcombe74
08-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I posted a while back asking if anyone had made a custom wind break. Not much response... So I decided I would give it a shot.. it came out great just took some time and patience.

Material list.

1/4 plexiglass 30 x 17 $45
#8 stainless steel screws 3/4 in long 3$
rubber seal 3$
1 5 1/4 plywood blade for my ryobi saw... put it in backwards to cut plexiglass 7$
3/8 aluminum channel that i bought from home depot.. was like 8$

Tool list.

Ryobi Saw
tape measure
level
pencil
hack saw
card board.
Sand paper

Here is what I did... I measured from top of fiberglass to where it ridges out... odd not symetrical? drivers side was .50 different... cut and finsised my channels to fit... made sure level.

pre drilled my holes in the channel... lined back up and predrilled top hole and installed first screw snug not tight so I can adjust for level. made sure level and drilled bottom hole then secured channel... and then drilled center hole. did same process both sides.

Once the channel was installed I made a card board cut out of the insert. fitted it and then traced that outline to plexiglass.

cut glass with circular saw and fit in boat, once fit wet sanded with 100, 300 600 and 1000 grit.

jester
08-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow that looks good. About how long did it take?

04OUTBACK
08-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Nice.. good work and thanks for the supply list!

cab13367
08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Very nice work. Thanks for the how to post and the pics.

I have snap in covers so I just snap in my bow cover when it's chilly. Otherwise, I would probably do what you did.

Al

gcombe74
08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
the whole job took about 3 hours... if I had a front snap I would have just left things as is.. but with this boat I dont have a snap cover just the logo. but this will work for when fall rolls around.

yearround
08-12-2008, 11:19 AM
that looks great!