PDA

View Full Version : 99 Outback Muffler Leaking Water

skyhawk
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
While having the floor pulled up to adjust the prop shaft seal, I noticed the left muffler was leaking slowly on the top foward end. I presume these are fiberglass mufflers.... So whould it be OK to put a few layers of fiberglass over this area???

also... Any tricks to getting the nav light bulb out? I pulled all 3 screws and the lens will still not come off. I just don't want to break it as it isn't my boat!

Is there a site online that has the INDMAR 350 manual for this boat?

Thanks TJ

james yarosz
07-15-2008, 08:22 AM
My 03 Outback had a muffler that was cracked and leaking right at the outlet.I was on vacation and couldn't get a new one for a few days so a local guy patched it with fiberglass.Worked fine for two weeks.Since the boat was almost new when I got home my local dealer replaced the muffler with a new one.I think the factory overtightened the clamps because the other side starting leaking shortly afterwards.they replaced that one too.

AaronWhitt82
07-23-2008, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=Any tricks to getting the nav light bulb out? I pulled all 3 screws and the lens will still not come off. I just don't want to break it as it isn't my boat!

Is there a site online that has the INDMAR 350 manual for this boat?

Thanks TJ[/QUOTE]

I just replaced my bulb the other day and it took me a bit to figure it out, but it was really simple. Just a simple twist of the green/red plastic piece and it pops right off to give you access to the light bulb. There is no need to take the screws out, except for the one that holds the shiny cover piece over the top of the light.

As far as the manual goes I don't think it is in PDF file at all, but I bought my manual online for about $25. Just go to Google and type it in and it should pop up with some websites where you can purchase it at. I don't remember where I got mine at though.