PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pumps.

tazz3069
07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
I think this question has been on here before. I need to know if it is all possible to change out the Ballast pumps on the boats. We went out this past weekend and waited for ever to fill the 750lb sack. I am not to concerned about the drain pump. I just want to pump water in faster.
Tazz

GeauxTigers
07-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Tazz, why not just do what I do? flip the switch on the way out to your favorite spot. They will be nice and plump by the time you get there. They fill up quick if you fill them as you move.

tazz3069
07-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I did not think that youcan fill them on the move. I know that the front can not be fill while on the move. Will I get air in the bags? Also, this question is for my brother-in-law. He has 750lb bags throughout his Supra. It took forever to fill. And I do mean forever. By the Havasu was awesome.

04OUTBACK
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
There was a post on WakeWorld regarding this with Supra's. One of the options was to put an additional pump on the line in to the solenoids... hard to describe but it is kind of a daisy chain... I think there are some higher GPH models available... but if i remember correctly, several said the 2nd pump inline helped much...

I just searched..here is the post from WW: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/568342.html

cab13367
07-15-2008, 12:54 AM
I did not think that youcan fill them on the move. I know that the front can not be fill while on the move. Will I get air in the bags? Also, this question is for my brother-in-law. He has 750lb bags throughout his Supra. It took forever to fill. And I do mean forever. By the Havasu was awesome.

Tazz,

You can fill any or all three of the bags while on the move, and it seems to fill faster (probably because it helps force the water through the system). If you are getting air in the center sac, it's not because you are filling while on the move.

Let us know what you find out about going with a larger pump but I think that the sprinkler valves and hose sizes will probably be your limiting factor. You can only push so much water through that hose, and the valve/solenoids assemblies can only withstand so much pressure.

Al

tazz3069
07-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Cab--
Good to know. I will ask my dealer. They sell the Tsunami pump there.

ajmoritz17
07-15-2008, 08:32 AM
when you guys say on the move do you mean idle or any plaining speed?
________
Kawasaki AR50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_AR50)

04OUTBACK
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Adam
I have done both, no problems.
I get air in my center bag but that is from my 20-25 mile tow to the ramp..
I generally have to burp it every few trips..

GeauxTigers
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM

I have had no problems filling all of them on the move. I am glad you enjoyed Havasu. How'd you like that area by the London channel?

Lake Bound
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
I have also filled my bags on the go and it wasn't a problem. The dealer also switched out my pump for the rear sack with a larger one.

I have a question on how to keep these pumps connected to the bags. They have this attachment like a waterbed filler but they will not attach to the bag. My rear one seems to stay but not the front. Have you guys had this problem and if you have how did you fix it?

tazz3069
07-26-2008, 09:45 PM
Havasu was awsome. The crowd by the bridge was insane. I could not believe how many people were there. Tons of pasties. My wife made sure I kept my eyes on the water. The house we rented was great. The only thing we had to gring was food. What a deal for $300.00 plus $100.00 cleaning deposit. We were heading towards the river and passed a section in the water that was only 2.5 feet deep. I was a little nervous because my brother-in-law had my prop on his boat. After a great day of wakeboarding and surfing, we headed back. We passed the sand bar. It was like a boat show there. There was probably 100 boats there. We had a blast and can hardly wait until the Regata in October.