PDA

View Full Version : Water spots

bambam26
07-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Okay so the family is headed to a lake several hours from home in 2 weeks, this particular lake is terrible for leaving bad water spots on the boat. How can I prevent the boat from getting to bad with spots? Or can I? I don't want my Good Looking LS to be full of water spots the whole 2 weeks I am there, so I am looking to try and clean the Hull beforehand with something that will help prevent spotting? Anybody have any answers for me?

gcombe74
07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I found after using ducky it helps make it easier to get them off! Saturday was the first time I had used it. and sunday after boating I noticed it was alot easier to wipe the boat clean.

I also did not wipe my boat down after my last trip (oh I can hear the gasps now!) and a week later it removed the spots with no effort.. I just sprayed and let site for 30 seconds... wiped right off.

ian ashton
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Another member of this forum suggested the use of white vinegar, and let me tell you IT WORKS!

Just spray the plain white vinegar on with a spray bottle, let it sit for a minute, and wipe the spots away.

zabooda
07-14-2008, 06:38 PM
We have irrigation water for the lawns and if your car gets sprayed then vinegar water is what the hand car washes use to remove the spots. It works wells but I would reapply wax after you get home.

Reese350
07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
I need to try the white vinegar solution. I've been using the Boat Babe products and they work incredibly well but they get expensive!

tazz3069
07-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I would dilute the vineager. I would use 50/50 water to vin. I personally use Hot Sauce. I got at www.boatbling.com

zabooda
07-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I had my Acura parked at a restaurant during the day and I came out and their sprinklers were running and spraying my car with irrigation water coming right from the river. One side was completely white from mineral deposits. The owner paid to have my car cleaned and the car wash used a vinegar/water solution and all of it came off. It made me a believer.

04OUTBACK
07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I use either Babe's or Eagle1 Wax as you dry when I wipe it down after riding.. does great at preventing any spots..

bambam26
07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I appreciate all the responses thanks everyone......