PDA

View Full Version : Not happy

mattsmoomba
07-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Brought my 08' LSV home this weekend and started the break in. Today it began to overheat, I shut the engine off and inspected the engine. The belt had come off, we were able to get it back on but it just keep twisting. Anyone out there have any ideas?

Matt

jkendall79
07-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Matt, it might be something simple, but I would take it to the dealer and let them take care of it. That way you have documentation if there's ever any more problems with it, and with it being a brand new boat you won't have to pay anything.

Sled491
07-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Probably a bent pulley, the main one is aluminum. Funny though that it didn't come off on your water test with your dealer. Glad you caught it, but like JK said take it to the dealer and let them take care of it in case the problem is not so simple. The last thing you want to do is void your warrenty

Hydrofoiljunky
07-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Matt, Same thing happened to us about 5 hrs into the break in. You are referring to the serpentine belt aren't you? We kept sticking the belt on and everytime we put a little demand on it, it would fly off. Not twist. Sounds like something is out of alignment. At any rate, we took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wacked, replaced the old belt with a new one, havn't had a problem since. We are now at around 26 hrs. I'm going to start carrying a new belt as well as the other thigs mentioned on these msg boards.

+1 on taking it to the dealer. I feel your pain though, we've had several little quarks that needed to get worked out but I promise it will get better. :-)

Peace

Chad