PDA

View Full Version : HO Approach Binding

BLKOUTLS
07-13-2008, 10:33 PM
After 4 years of faithful service my Venom High wraps gave up on me. I stopped by my local guys and they recommended I give it a try. Almost walked out with a few more toys aswell. First impression love the support and ankle control as well as neoprene, also that it is a high on the leg binding. My only ? is the foot bed and I think that just may mold to my foot over time. Is anyone skiing with them and have any long term thoughts likes or dislikes? Thanks

canuckskier
07-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I have had dual Approach bindings for 3 seasons now, and have the same thoughts as you. Great bindings, with great support, and easy to get in to. The foot bed will not conform to your feet (hasn't with me after many, many sets) I am thinking of getting some kind of footbed that will mold as I use it, because I have really high arches, and after a while in the bindings it becomes quite uncomfortable.

Let me know if you find anything that works well, I will do the same.

maxpower220
07-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I have approach bindings on my ski and have not had an issue. However, I just purchased Connelly Draft bindings for my wife's ski and now I am thinking of making the switch. They are the most comfortable bindings I have used. Also, they are the easiest bindings to get in and out of. I may be drilling on my new ski.

zegm
07-14-2008, 04:54 PM
maxpower,

Where do you guys go boating over there in Pensacola???

maxpower220
07-14-2008, 06:29 PM
I live on a small, private 110 acre fresh water lake with a lift in the back yard. I don't have the boat on it right now, as I have a lot of friends from work that aren't 'hard core' enough for short passes. Right now, I spend most of my time on the Escambia and Black Water Rivers. Next year, I will probably put the boat on my lake. It is nice to get up before work and run a couple of passes for me and wife in less than 40 minutes.
Thanks to a tower that folds forward, I can't store the boat in the garage, so I have a storage unit near the interstate. I can pick up the boat and be at either river easily. I have added a flush kit in case of any brackish water and I ordered the boat on a galvanized trailer (a lesson learned from my MC).

I went to the Pro Water Ski tour stop at Cory Pickos place at Santa Rosa Beach. My wife and I will be going to a class there in a few weeks when work settles a bit.

BLKOUTLS
07-15-2008, 11:17 AM
thanks for the info guys I will get a few more sets in with them. I went boarding last night and my ski looked depressed. Thanks

zegm
07-19-2008, 12:20 AM
maxpower,

Jody from Florida inboards invited us to that event but my sister was down from Atlanta so we couldn't make it. So you probably saw him, the super nice super tech that installed our new engine. MrsZ has been to Cory's for lesson way back when!
We have actually kayaked down the black water river but far upstream from you I am sure. Before we decided to move to PC we looked at a house that was located in a Waterski development just off 1-10 near Milton and Pace, we almost bought it but ended up here instead. We are on Deerpoint which is pretty good for the most part.

maxpower220
07-19-2008, 09:12 AM
I looked in Ski Watch Estates also. I am really glad that I didn't buy there in 03/04. I looked onto their website and found that everyone was assessed a $12K annual fee to redo the water pump system. That is on top of the normal fees. My association fee is $100/yr.