PDA

View Full Version : I did a video!!

Tyger
07-13-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2s06GB1Bo

Feedback is welcome. On the wake and surfing that is. My video editing skills are not up for discussion. ;)

Check out the shots of Mrs Tyger.

deafgoose
07-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Nice wake!

How much weight and what was the wakeplate set at?

04OUTBACK
07-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Ryan
The wave looks pretty nice.. good work on the surfer... is ths your first year surfing?
We went out today and it looked more like the Gulf of Mex than a lake so we stuck to surfin!
gettin better, but still no long term free rides.. need more peeps in the boat and more time in the water.

Editing was not too bad either>

Tyger
07-13-2008, 08:41 PM
@04Outback

How's the wife doing now? Good I hope.

Yes, this our first year surfing. Started in

Nice wake!

How much weight and what was the wakeplate set at?

750 in rear port side; 400 in ski locker; ~450 in people weight with one person riding on the transom

Wakeplate about 75%.

04OUTBACK
07-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Tyger,
thanks for asking.. She is doing much better.. She has been wakeboarding since April!!
Unfortunately, her first trip, she took a bad spill (black eye / bloody nose-FROM A HELMET!)
No more helmet for her! She rode Fri eve.. She feels much better for the most part, but has still had a seizure once a month.. We think we have that figured out and are working on that now.. Dr. said about wakeboarding: "wear a lifejacket and don't drown" so I guess that meant she could! She generally can tell a day or so before that it is coming, plus they have been every 4 weeks exactly... Until we get that figured out, she can't drive a car so that makes for a challenging commute! BUT, we have gone wakeboarding most every weekend so that helps!!!

Best,
BW

jester
07-13-2008, 11:09 PM
You make Wakesurfing look easy. Is it that easy? I have never tryed it before. And two people at a time. Looks like fun until the end.

Tyger
07-13-2008, 11:47 PM
If you are comfortable wakeboarding, it's pretty easy.

Look up the advice on how to get started, especially from Ed G. I never thought I would like it that much, but I'm definitely hooked! Give it a try.

Best tip (from Ed) is to not be too eager to throw in the rope. I went probably 20 times with the rope still in my hand. As long as you are getting slack, you are surfing!

The other thing I can tell you is make sure the driver doesn't get too fast until you are in the pocket. If you get stuck immediately behind the boat on top of the wake, it's hard and scary to get down until you are comfortable on the board.