PDA

View Full Version : Getting a better ski wake?

Garn
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
On my 2007 LS that I bought this year, I have a massive bump at 22 off. All boats tend to have a bump at 22 off. But this thing is horrendous! It is a brute to ski through! I know this isn't Moomba's tournament ski boat. But I expected a better ski wake from a direct drive boat than this. I do not have the adjustable wakeplate on my boat. Would that help get this bump down?

Thanks,

Garn

SC07LS
07-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I think when they redesigned the hull for 07 it displaces more water than the older models. I have an 07 LS as well, I just don't use it for skiing. I agree with MrsZ a wake plate would help for both wakeboarding and skiing.

SEARK
07-11-2008, 07:29 PM
The wakeplate makes a big differnce on mine too. I pulled a skier once after I had been wakeboarding a forgot to put the plate back down. He didn't have a good run until I realized what I had done. Lowered the plate and everything was fine.

zegm
07-11-2008, 07:44 PM
We should start an LS owners club to help out all the new LS owners!!!!
A Slalom Plate, uppppps I forgot the LSV folks call it a wakeplate but you have to have it on the LS!!!!!

kaneboats
07-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Some day there will be a sensor based on where the rope is attached that will either adjust the plate or remind you to do so.

zabooda
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
I have seen many posts where the wake plate is stated as a must for skiing. My 98 has a secondary wave as well but not too bad. I skied on a MC Prostar this weekend and looked at the wake and it had the secondary wave also.

zegm
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
zabooda

It is if you are wanting to take the LS through a slalom course, even with the plate down it is a good size wake! My wife (MrsZ) hadn't been able to slalom down the course for over a year due to neck issues. Well she finally got her chance last weekend and was a bit concerned. I had to remind her that she used to own a 2100lb MasterCraft thats sole purpose in life was to take skiers down the slalom course. Now if she wants to give up ALL that room, that adjustable wake that she and our son is having on wakeboards and the storage then we could get another "pure" ski boat!

She said NO! I guess she will learn to bend her knees a little more than she used too! :)

zabooda
07-14-2008, 05:18 PM
How true. Anymore there is getting less of the true ski boat as the boats are all getting bigger. I've never been crazy about my wake but skiing is such a small part of what I use the boat for. I think the plate would help my wake as I get a lot of prop wash all the way back to the rooster tail. I understand if I went to a three blade prop the wash is not as big. I'm not that good of a skier and at 22' off and 35 mph I don't notice but I do when I'm driving and see ripple behind the rooster tail. Can't have it all.

Also, I want to welcome Z and the Mrs. back on the water. What an ordeal that was. Good to get the blood pressure back down.

zegm
07-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks Zabooda!!!!
Mr. Tinker personally made MrsZ feel a whole lot better!!! Me too but this is her boat first, she picked out what she wanted on it and then she ordered it, sure I helped by getting her to go to the show but once there she fell in love with the LS!!! And she actually talked to him (OK "we" talked to him) at the Atlanta Boat show for quite awhile. He is a genuine nice guy and this was why it really made her feel BETTER when he called us here at home last Friday!!!