PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Moomba's

tazz3069
07-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Thursday, I had gone to the lake with my brother-in-law. We went out there to test a new prop and the new PP I just got. On the way to the lake, we had stop to get lunch. Whille we were eating, I noticed a Britney and Red LSV leaving the Lake. I also saw two more heading towards the water. One was Grey and White and the other was Blue and White. This is the forst time that I saw this many Moombas at once at my lake. It was beautiful.
On that note, the new prop, ACME 14x14.25 was awesome. The perfect pass did not work. My fault. I did not see another loom of wires that was tucked way up under the dash. I spent about an hour with my computer reading the troubleshooting guide in my boat in the garage in 104 degree heat 2 bears and lots of water. I was so releived when I found that loom and hooked it up. Everything came to life. Now to hit the water again.
By the way, today is my Brother-in-laws water test. Yesturday after the mishap with the PP, we went to the dealership. His boat just got back from the stereo shop. His boat is georgous. Can hardly wait to ski and wakeboard behind it. Everybody have a great weekend.
Tazz

jkendall79
07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Tazz, I'm starting to notice more Moomba's on my lake also, it's great to see. I go to Lake Berryessa in Northern California, which I've affectionately named "Lake Malibu". Let's see some pics of your brother-in-law's boat!

Reese350
07-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Ditto here in Michigan. I'm on a relatively small lake (about 800 acres) and there must be a dozen Moomba's docked on it. Most are LSV's. A new Supra just showed up at our marina last weekend too. If we get many more and we'll have enough for our own Jamboree.

jmvotto
07-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Lots of moombas and supras showing up here. wish they would post here. Come out,come out, wherever you are.

our lake is fairly large 11,000 acres and I always check out the tourney boats but have not been all the way around to get the total count.

Buttafewcoe
07-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Same thing on Lake Hickory!!!!
Can't seem to get them to speak up, tho.
Heck, that'd be 15 - 20 new members
B

tazz3069
07-14-2008, 08:15 AM
Jkendall---
I just got back from Lake Havasu, AZ. I so quite a few Moomba out there. I will post pictures of my brother in laws boat as soon as I get the memory card from my wife.

GeauxTigers
07-14-2008, 09:26 AM
I was on Jordanelle, UT yesterday and they were out in force! I saw no less than 8 of them including mine. The funny thing about it is that I am the only one lurking here from Utah.

deafgoose
07-14-2008, 10:32 AM
Moomba's are very popular here on the Ottawa river.

2008 XLV GG, 2008 LSV, 2007 LSV, 2007 Outback and my Outback V.

Ian Brantford
07-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Moomba's are very popular here on the Ottawa river.

2008 XLV GG, 2008 LSV, 2007 LSV, 2007 Outback and my Outback V.

Really? I haven't been back on the Ottawa River since my first day out in my starter boat (an old I/O runabout, thankfully bought used) and I found a nice unmarked shoal. One week and $1000 later I was back on the water... on safer inland lakes west of the city. :-)

Deafgoose, PM me if you want to meet up sometime. I am usually up for exchanging advice in person, having extra crew, etc. I have a 2005 XLV with 2000+ lbs of ballast.

jimmygjr
07-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Have you got any performance info on the prop that you put on. Top speed, times, time to plain, rpms at 20, rpms at top speed, what ever you can give.
What boat do you have it on.
Any information that you can give would be helpful
Thanks
Jimmy

tazz3069
07-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Jimmy--
I just got my new prop. I got it from www.boarditup.com. I think that Karl is the guy I talk to. I bought a 14.5x14 prop. I just installed it. It will be tested this coming weekend.
Tazz