PDA

View Full Version : PP Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tazz3069
07-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Wwent to the lake today. PP is not working. It is not reading the RPM's. I have the new stargazer. Can anyone help me? The boat will not engage when in wakebord, slalom, or RPM mode. all the wires are connected correctly. What is wrong.
Tazz

tazz3069
07-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Never mind, I found my mistake. I connected the wrong wires. There was another connecter above the wire mess that I did not see.

zegm
07-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Tazz!!!!!!!!! Never doubt yourself and ask us ignorant Mechanical types how to do something electrical, especially when you quickly figured it out and wished you hadn't posted that request!!!! I might have had you checking the alignment of your drive shaft strut!!!! :lol:

Laz
07-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi. Did you install it yourself? I'm thinking of getting PP Stargazer and would like to install it myself.

Also, we slalom about 90% of the time. Half the time through a course and half free skiing. Which version should we get? As I understand it, the wakeboard edition has a good slalom mode.

Thanks.

tazz3069
07-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Laz--
I got the stargazer edition. I will be testing it this weekend. We are heading to a lake up in Northern Calif. It was really easy to install. I just did not see the other wire loom that I needed to use. The programming for the wakeboard section was very easy. The waterskiing section, I do not know yet. It says that you need to calibrate it for every speed. We'll see.