PDA

View Full Version : Crash and Burn Video

BensonWdby
10-10-2003, 10:36 PM
As promised, here is the link to the Crash Site. What you have here is about 16 years of slalom wipeouts resolved down to under 3 minutes. There are about 40 good crashes.

I originally posted this a couple days ago as a 15meg mpg. I am still learning my video software and found that I could create a much smaller file.

I have created a 7.5 meg version that will play about the same in Windows Media Player and Winamp, but now has music...
I tried clicking on this from this site (broadband connection) and it took about 20 seconds and then fired up Winamp.

http://home.comcast.net/~BensonWdby/Crash_Burn_vs_wm.wmv

You could still right click on link and 'Save link as...' and download it to your PC.

Hope you enjoy it.
Dave

Catdog1
10-11-2003, 07:17 AM
Great, great video. Thanks!

Stop down here in richmond on your way to fla.

We'll ski with you!

outback-newbe
10-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Oh my! Thanks for shareing!

purplepower
10-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Thanks, You have just made my day! Maybe you could work on a headcam for next season ??
Tony

BensonWdby
10-13-2003, 10:40 PM
I don't think head-cams are in the near future for me.

However, I did run across a web site that has one.
Steve Schnitzer did a pass at 38 off at 36 wearing a head-cam and posted it to the web.
I just tried looking for it and can't find it.

But check this out:
http://www.h2oski.info/php/h2oskiinfo.php?topic=video_slalom
This looks like it has potential but I have not had much luck with it. Maybe someone else will.

Dave

Cryonchick
10-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Great source for some awesome videos. Will definately look at these over the winter to try to improve my form.

Thanks for the link....

Catdog1
10-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Dave, just saw the revised version --- even better!

Is California the white dog?

Also, the wake is killing you on the later shots especially. Same is happening to me on the 99 outback, but i'm running about 33 mph. What speed are you at? Are we perhaps running ski boats that have wakes which are simply difficult to cross?

BensonWdby
10-17-2003, 04:45 PM
Yes, California is the dog. She always seemed concerned when we crashed. She loved the water. We would drop her in the middle of the lake and she would just circle the boat forever.

As far as the wake goes. I am currently skiing between 30-33. A couple of crashes from this year were attempts at 28off and 22 off at 34. That's pretty agressive for me, but I think I will give that a try more often next year - it helps more easily identify flaws in form...

The last crash in the video was actually an attempt at jumping the wake (15 off at 32). I am about 50-50 on this one. When I fail it usually has the same look - head first.

I don't think I can blame the boat. I have skiied some older Nautiques that have a large round wake at the sub-36 speeds. What is really tough is when we add a couple fat sacks for my son to wakeboard and leave them full while I slalom. If you hold an edge it is not that bad, but I try to avoid it.

I did have a chance to ski at 15off at 40mph by mistake once this year. No wake problem there.....

Glad you like the new version.
Dave

Catdog1
10-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Well Dave,

My daughter and I just watched the flick again, this time with full blown sound ---- great, great job!

Love the sound of the outboard. And your wife announcing, almost with bemusement "he's down!" .

And one of you guys really fell and got caught in the rope back in about 1990! Spectacular. That's our favorite.

Keep pushing the envelope!

I did get to watch the other examples in the other link you posted. The wakes looked smaller and softer, thats why I asked the question...

See you later...

waterboy
10-20-2003, 02:22 AM
Dave,
Great video! I showed it to a bunch of people at work and they thought it was hysterical....and they don't even ski. Although I think they might be reluctant to accept my invitation to try it after watching that.....:p

Brian

BensonWdby
01-24-2004, 02:04 PM
A while back I added some special effects to the video and neglected to upload them as they may the file bigger. Not alot different but a little more fun. Decided to go ahead and upload them now.

The old URL will not work any more.

Instead go to

http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/

and click on the link.

Enjoy
Dave

DOCDRS
01-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Great video, can relate to all those crashes. Having slalomed, then wakeboarder and now barefooter, some of the most spectacular wipouts i've had were from slalom, most injuries from wakeboarding, so now i prefer barefooting as wipouts are less severe........keep up the good work and never stop trying to get people up

Catdog1
03-28-2004, 02:07 PM
Am not gonna let Dave's video seep into the archives.... gotta send it to the top. CT

BensonWdby
04-11-2004, 09:55 PM
bump

Catdog1
04-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Dave,

Where do you post the video? My fototime service booted me because of excessive bandwith violations when I posted a shorter video....I need a server to post to.

BensonWdby
04-17-2004, 08:03 PM
My ISP provides the space. No special arrangements.

The file is a low res wmv as opposed to an avi or mpeg. That may help with bandwidth.

I just added a photo of the Mobius to the top of the home page so take another look.

PS. The ice is off our lakes. I walked in up to my knees in one of them and it was not painful. Wetsuit temp, but not necessarily drysuit temp. Water is down all aorund here in Minnesota. Could use some rain.

Good luck
Dave

06-01-2004, 06:08 PM
bump

BensonWdby
06-21-2004, 11:09 PM
And the Winner is ....
Bragging Rights - This video won 'Best Crash Video' on www.schnitzkis.com.
But then there was only one other competitor..

If you have not checked out Steve's site, I highly recommend it. He covers slalom in great detail and has some great video of top competitors, and lots of other really cool stuff.

Dave

BensonWdby
08-02-2004, 06:32 PM
If you have not been here lately, Richard has added a wakeboard video to our page. Check it out...
Dave

BensonWdby
08-26-2004, 06:03 PM
I think I have some competition. Check this out.

http://www.schnitzskis.com/images/Watersports_Crashes.wmv

Enjoy
Dave

BensonWdby
10-24-2004, 11:43 AM
More video - I stole a couple links from Schnitzkis page and added them to ours. Take a look. One is a great Crash video and one is a great stunt video with air chair flips and footin and ... Check it out on our home page - http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/

Dave

06-01-2005, 11:37 PM
cxvcxvx

smokedog2
06-02-2005, 01:51 PM
What happened to the tube crash video? That was my favorite.

BTW sweet lake house.

SD2

BensonWdby
06-05-2005, 11:23 PM
I loved that video also. Unfortunately some time ago the link quit working so I had to yank it. If you ever find it I would gladly add it back.

The lake home is undergoing major rennovation. Overcomming mice and water issues.
I have been skiing on the lake a couple times over the last few weeks. I am thinking I should have worked out a bit more during the off season...

Dave

BensonWdby
08-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Here's a little eye candy. Hope it is not too dark for your monitor:

http://bensonwdby.home.comcast.net/LakeHome/mobius_sunrise.JPG

This is our 99 Mobius at the new lake place at Sunrise.

BensonWdby
10-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Old Favorite returns. For thos fo you who loved the tubing and jet ski bloopers video, I found a thinned out version of it on www.stupidcollege.com and have a link to the video on our home page now.

Check the link in my signature line below and click on the 'Generic Ski Crashes video. It's a little grainy, but a lot of fun ...

Dave

05mobiusxlv
10-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm glad you found that, I had not seen it yet. Them are some of the best crashes i have ever seen. I think that guy that face planted bare footing may still be seeing stars, and will hopefully gets released from the hospital soon. That secret spot trailer is also cool. Makes me sad that the Mobius is in storage for another 6 months.

BensonWdby
03-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Yet another shameless plug - tired of being on page 2.
Enjoy
Dave

bobwells
03-10-2007, 07:08 AM
first 360 i've ever seen on a slalom! enjoyed the family picks, beautiful home, boat,& lake, but most of all beautiful family, God has blessed you imensley... watching children explore the world and new adventures, I love it! true treasures......thanks, bob

flyinhigh420
05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
nice video