PDA

View Full Version : Issues with ballast G3

Roachman
07-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Does anyone ever have any issues filling their gravity 3 ballast? mine fills sometimes and other times I can not get it to work. All my solenoid valves are pointed down. any ideas?

Also is the quick connect valve that screws in the sacs 3/4? I need to buy some new ones since my old ones will not come out of my old bags (glued or something)

GeauxTigers
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Does anyone ever have any issues filling their gravity 3 ballast? mine fills sometimes and other times I can not get it to work. All my solenoid valves are pointed down. any ideas?

Also is the quick connect valve that screws in the sacs 3/4? I need to buy some new ones since my old ones will not come out of my old bags (glued or something)

I am finding out that they can be quirky. Flip the switches to fill and go for a ride (get her on a plane). If that does not work, flip them to empty (1 at a time) and grab the bag to where whatever remaining water is in the bag gets right by the exit tube. Once you start blowing water out, quickly flip the switch to fill and see if that does the trick. I think the pumps need priming sometimes and this little trick helps in doing that.

deafgoose
07-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I have trouble getting all the water out of the bag.

GeauxTigers
07-08-2008, 01:27 PM
I have trouble getting all the water out of the bag.

They're a pain. You have to pick them up and get the water to the exit tubes. However, if you do that, then you have a hard time filling them because you have to prime the lines once again.

04OUTBACK
07-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Roach,
They put glue on them at the Fly High factory. They have a way to get them out, with a hair dryer. I doubt they are the problem, but if you need to remove, call them and they'll walk you through.
Ditto the get it up on a plane to get them started as well..
May want to hook up a fake a lake to the intake and flush it good.. you could have weeds/trash in the pump..

BW

Roachman
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah I tried priming them by getting on a plane but maybe i need to do it for a bit longer. As for the quick connects i wanted to use them in my new sacs I just purchased but could not get them off so i will try the hair dryer and if that doesnt work pick some up from a local shop. Thanks ALL for the help.

cab13367
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Roach,

I always get going about 20 mph when I first put in and then flip the fill switch to on and let it run for a good 30 seconds or so. After that, I never had any problems filling the bags, whether moving or stationary during that outing.

Al

cab13367
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
They're a pain. You have to pick them up and get the water to the exit tubes. However, if you do that, then you have a hard time filling them because you have to prime the lines once again.

Geaux,

You should not need to re-prime the fill pump if you pick up the bags to completely drain them as the fill line is separate from drain line. I do this all the time when switching from the 400# bag to the 750# bag when it's time to surf and have not had any problems losing prime on the fill pump.

Al

tazz3069
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM
You would think that they should have designed the bag a little bit different. What I mean is, I also have the same problem draining the bags. At the end of the day, I need to lift the bag and drain the rest of the water out. They should of installed the nipple closer the the bottom of the bag. Mine is about 1.5" from the bottom. I went to their web sight and noticed that you can get custom made bags. I also found someone who could possibly make hard tanks for me.

GeauxTigers
07-10-2008, 09:18 AM
I went to their web sight and noticed that you can get custom made bags. I also found someone who could possibly make hard tanks for me.

Hard tanks would be awesome. In designing these, I would be curious to put my two cents in (things such as clean-outs, drains, etc). Any idea on the ballpark cost? Total weight cap?

tazz3069
07-11-2008, 08:58 AM
The guy tokd me that he paid about 125.00 per tank. I still have not contactedhim. You can find him on the Supra websight. His screen anme is Hydratechfoil. I PM him and he came right back to me.
Tazz

Hillbilly
07-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Today I took out my 07 LSV and I could not get the empty pump to work on my belly bag? Any idea's?
Thanks Jeff