PDA

View Full Version : Got My PP Today

tazz3069
07-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Plug and Play or Plug and Pray. I was reading the intall directions and am knda confused on some of the wiring hook up. Who has installed the StarGazer PP? There are 3 sets of wires that I have no idea where they go. They are marked at "timer" "timer" and "switch" Can anyone help me with this. Also, can anyone give me the best location of the GPS receiver. The directions said either on top of the dash board or under the dashboard. I want the best location. I am thinking of on top of the dashboard.

Miller_Time
07-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Tazz,

I believe you leave those 3 plugs unplugged. Those are for if you have the magnet switches that activate the slalom course timer which would plug into the 3rd plug. Those 3 plugs are unpluged and zip tied out of the way on my boat. I have gotten pretty familiar with the wiring unfortunately. I'm on my 3rd brain module in 2 months. Lets hope 3rd times a charm!!! But I cant complain, it makes life sooo easy. I can pull my buddies and actually watch them in the mirrior rather than constantly watching the speedo to maintain speed.

Tell me how you like the stargazer when you get it up and running. I now have the stargazer brain, I just have to add a software update and the antenna to get it running, so if its nice enough I just might upgrade!!!! Good luck with the install!

SC07LS
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I have been toying with the idea of installing PP, but I haven't yet convinced myself to do so. Is it that much better than the cruise already in the boat? Maybe it was all the bad drivers that pulled me before with no cruise at all.

Sorry Tazz for running over your post a little bit. I'm curious to hear what you think and others think about PP.
Drew

GeauxTigers
07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
PP is supposed to be the bomb! The Moomba cruise is just short of being a joke. You have to constantly adjust it up and down to maintain speed. My list of upgrades for next year definitely includes buying Perfect Pass. The other major item is an inexpensive set of tower speakers (maybe an amp).

tlatoani
07-08-2008, 12:17 PM
PP is supposed to be the bomb! The Moomba cruise is just short of being a joke. You have to constantly adjust it up and down to maintain speed. My list of upgrades for next year definitely includes buying Perfect Pass. The other major item is an inexpensive set of tower speakers (maybe an amp).

I don't think I'd go for inexpensive tower speakers. The whole point is for the rider to hear it. Save up for decent speakers AND an amp. Just my opinion :P

As for the OP, I am quite happy with my stargazer. Hope yours works well. Mine came with the slalom course sensor stuff but I didnt hook any of it up.

SC07LS
07-08-2008, 12:21 PM
GT
I might have to add that back to my list for the end of the summer upgrades. I was going to have the dealer install it before I even picked up the boat last year. Probably should have.

tazz3069
07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
It took all of 20 min to hook up. I need to hit the water now to see how it really works. The onlytime you need to calibrate is when it is in Slalom Mode.

I still having troubles placing the GPS Receiver. Should I place it ontop of the dash or below the dash?

jester
07-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Like any GPS you want it at a high point. I would look at mounting it on top of the tower. But that might just be me.

tlatoani
07-08-2008, 10:59 PM
Like any GPS you want it at a high point. I would look at mounting it on top of the tower. But that might just be me.

nah that's overkill. ON the dash works great.

cab13367
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
It took all of 20 min to hook up. I need to hit the water now to see how it really works. The onlytime you need to calibrate is when it is in Slalom Mode.

I still having troubles placing the GPS Receiver. Should I place it ontop of the dash or below the dash?

Tazz,

The instructions on my portable GPS says to make sure it has a clear view of the sky. Therefore, I would put it on top vs under the dash.

Al

tazz3069
07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
That is what I am going to do. on top of the dash. I was looking to put it on top of the tower. The cord is only about 4' long. Thanks guys. I will let you know how it works out.
Tazz