PDA

View Full Version : 98 Outback rear seat wanted

skigirl1212
07-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Looking for backseat to fit my 1998 Moomba Outback. Can be anything from a junked boat (as I will be reupholstering my boat soon) to a new or replacement. What years will fit?

zabooda
07-07-2008, 02:49 PM
The 98s and 99s were the same. The back seat is just the pad and a couple of ABS containers on the bottom to raise the seat and a catch on each side for the rubber straps. If you can't find anything, let me know and I can send a couple of pictures with dimensions. It wouldn't be difficult to replicate.

skigirl1212
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks. From what I can remember it seemed like a formfitted molded plastic base with cushioned top. Is this what you mean by "ABS containers"? Seems like the orginal one would be a perfect fit however I thought it woud be nice to replace with one which would give me x-tra storage under the cushion. Please do send the dimensional info and or photos to skigirl1212 at yahoo or if file size is large (up to 10 meg) send to [email protected]

zabooda
07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
When I bought the boat I thought how useless the bins were as they didn't have openings for storage until I started removing the seat each time I went skiing where it is light enough to move around. If I redesigned the seat, I would build a storage box screwed to the floor with a cover that swings open toward the driver, carpet the box to match the floor and have a seperate seat that can be taken out and attaches with snaps to the box. I'll get the pics and dimensions before I cover the boat this evening.

Twin Skins Upholstery
07-22-2014, 08:24 PM
hi, how about having your backseat reupholstered? I am the owner of a company that does reupholstering. we can do your seat save a sample of the skins we used and when you are ready, if you wish, we can match the skin on your seat and it will be a part that you wont have to have done again. besides reupholstering is much less inexpensive than buying a new seat!