PDA

View Full Version : Goodie Bag from SC

GeauxTigers
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Did anyone else get this? I got a UPS package with a small duffle, two drink coozies, two Moomba stickers, a towel and a Moomba plate. Awesome to get them but there was no letter or anything stating why I received this. I love SC!!!

newty
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
NO! I'm getting Tinker on the phone right now!
Very cool hope we all get a little some thing.

aerophoto
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I was told by the dealer to keep my eyes open for a package in the mail I cant wait

cab13367
07-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Did anyone else get this? I got a UPS package with a small duffle, two drink coozies, two Moomba stickers, a towel and a Moomba plate. Awesome to get them but there was no letter or anything stating why I received this. I love SC!!!

Yes, I received the same package. But I do recall that it came some months after my purchase.

Al

GeauxTigers
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Makes sense then, Cab. I bought mine in January. We divied up the goods amongst the entire family. I got to keep the towel! LOL!

kaneboats
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Dang, if they'd send me something like that I might just go buy me a new Moomba. Sure hope Malibu doesn't beat em to it.

c.rix
07-07-2008, 05:35 PM
I bought a boat in Feb Where is my package of goodies with coozies

pickle311
07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
We got it with our first Moomba. I think they send it to you for filling out their survey or something like that.

bambam26
07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Got mine today, nice little gift if you ask me..............

newty
07-07-2008, 09:44 PM
My hot UPS Lady brought mine today. :)
Pretty cool. Nice little box-o-shwag!
Thank you SC!

bamaspiveys
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Okay, I am so glad you started this thread.

I got one too, but they put it in with a shipment of other things I ordered online. Thought it was really odd.

SC, thanks for the goodies, next time put a note in there or something!

jester
07-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Well you know if they send you coal you can wait some time and it will become diamonds. Just have to wait a bit for it to pay off.

When i bought my boat i was told from my dealer i would get a welcome package and a survey. Did anyone else get that and if so how long did it take? Or is this package what they where talking about?

tazz3069
07-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Very nice guys. Seems like everyone got not gifts. I got a lousy first aid kit with the moomba logo on it.

McMoomba
07-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Yep, coincidentaly mine was waiting on the doorstep the day I took my Outback V in for the 20 hr service.

McMoomba

GeauxTigers
07-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Very nice guys. Seems like everyone got not gifts. I got a lousy first aid kit with the moomba logo on it.

Tazz, I believe the itty bitty first aid kit came from Indmar, if I am not mistaken.

When I bought my motorhome, my dealer gave me a very nice first aid kit. I told him about the cheesy one I got from Indmar and he reached in his locker, pulled another one out and said, "Here you go! Now you have one for your boat also."

GeauxTigers
07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Tazz,

You know I remember my wife getting that too! OK it is her boat!!!! Just got 10 hours on the new engine. Still in discussion about why I am having to pay to have it installed!!!

Lol! 10 hours is it???? I just hit 59 on the last trip.

Get with it Z!!!

tazz3069
07-08-2008, 09:13 AM
Your right. It was an Indmar first aid kit. I did not get anything from SC. That stinks.

tazz3069
07-08-2008, 10:28 PM
I filled out two of those things. Still nothing.

Razzman
07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Your right. It was an Indmar first aid kit. I did not get anything from SC. That stinks.

I hear ya, that's what i got too, sucks! :( I took the guts outta it and use the pouch for drain plugs, wrench, bimini clips, etc.

GeauxTigers
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
GT,

Well wait a minute here!!! That is 10 hours on engine number 2 if you add that to the hours on engine number 1 you will get a total (ok let me get out the HP RPN calculator here) OK here is the total 27 hours total!!!! Now if you subtract the fact that the boat was not usable for almost 4 weeks I would have a much higher total!!!

Did that require a slide rule??? LOL! I missed the episodes where you lost an engine! Sorry to hear that Z!

SC07LS
07-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Bought mine in June of 07, two surveys and 1 and half seasons later still no goody bag. Wait I forgot. Does the monthly loan payment notice count?

kaneboats
07-09-2008, 02:24 PM
So glad to hear you're skiing again. We were all praying for you and then for the safe return of your new boat.

ian ashton
07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
We've had our boat for just about a month, and haven't gotten anything yet, but I'm hoping we will, I need some Moomba swag :)

deerfield
07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Second season with our 2007 Outback and now have two Moomba beach towels. Received one in '07 and the second in '08 (maybe two months ago). Bought our Moomba through Lauderdale Lakes Marina in Wisconsin.

zegm
07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Deerfield,

You must know an insider!!!! Come on fess up what is his name? :cool:

Mikey
07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I got my goodie bag last year after filling out the survey etc. I'd like to make a suggestion that maybe SC send out a simple /smaller if you will goodie bag to loyal customers that say have Oh ,say 50 posts or more just to say thanks for following allong and passing on the good word. To be fair only once a year as I realize some posters on hear would make a killing . But this would sure be a nice gesture as i really like my towel and my kids do too.
I bought the boat so the towel is MINE.

JDsTOY
07-09-2008, 07:16 PM
The gift package is for taking survey about your first SC purchase. If you do not take survey I heard you don't get the trinkets.

ian ashton
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
The gift package is for taking survey about your first SC purchase. If you do not take survey I heard you don't get the trinkets.

What is the survey, I don't believe I've had the opportunity to take a survey?

dtlaine
07-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I didn't get a goodie bag, and I'm certain I completed the survey. I purchased my boat in Dec 2007.

jmvotto
07-25-2008, 06:22 AM
I received my package yesterday from SC for the survey i filled out from the mail. pretty cool, must have crossed in the mail after my comments on Z's engine situation. towel, duffle koozies, plate and decals. yippee i luv presents, Xmas in July

Anyone want the moomba license plate blank, can't use it in NY (plates on both ends of the SUV). PM me and I will send.

Spoken for already

jkendall79
07-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I bought my boat in September of last year and just got the survey last week. You can fill out the survey online; hopefully me goodie bag gets here faster that way!

ian ashton
07-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I bought my boat in September of last year and just got the survey last week. You can fill out the survey online; hopefully me goodie bag gets here faster that way!

I just got my survey like the day after I responded to this thread :) I also did the online response, I haven't gotten my stuff, but I'm anxiously awaiting its delivery!!!

moombadaze
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
well i think i should get double--i never got a survey on the 1st boat..please send me a survey. im one happy MOOMBA owner.

deafgoose
07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Where is the online form for the survey?

jkendall79
07-26-2008, 02:29 PM
DG, they send you the survey in the mail, and you can fill it out online with the code they give you instead of mailing it back.

ian ashton
08-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I just got my goodies today; it consisted of a Black & White Moomba towel, 2 white Moomba stickers, a Moomba license plate, and a mesh Moomba bag.

I'm stoked :) I especially like the towel, if anyone wants to sell me theirs let me know :)

I just wish they had hats!

wolfeman131
08-19-2008, 08:08 PM
I thought for sure Ian would have posted a pic of the goodies, but maybe his camera is stuck on his boat :) I took this pic a few weeks ago when I got the SC box. Cool stuff!

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/IMG_1189.jpg

wolfeman131
08-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey, I didn't get any Miller Lite with mine!

Bring yours to GA next summer and I'll fill 'em up for you!

Sled491
08-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Z you must be upset, "Olymbics"?

moombadaze
08-19-2008, 08:28 PM
zegm, no goodie bag here either and i bought 2 boats. whats up with that?

wolfeman131
08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
OK now I am really feeling left out!!! Do I need to call Tim at Atlanta Marine and ask him if he forgot to send us the survey? Did we upset the Goodie Bag Goddess at SC??? Oh why oh why are MrsZ and I not qualified. To get the Goodie Bag with all the cool stuff?
I will now go mourn and watch the Olymbics! :(

Now, now Z - didn't you get to leave GA w/ a couple of coozies that look just like those ones on the back of my truck (minus the Miller Lite)? :cool:

Send me your mailing address and I'll get one of the decals in the mail for you to put on your truck.

jester
08-19-2008, 09:22 PM
That is a nice goodie bag. Now i really want one. My only problem is the so called beer that is being displayed :D. Come on Miller Lite. We need to get some good beer to show off the goodies.

wolfeman131
08-19-2008, 09:31 PM
That is a nice goodie bag. Now i really want one. My only problem is the so called beer that is being displayed :D. Come on Miller Lite. We need to get some good beer to show off the goodies.

Jester,

In central GA, that is the good stuff! Well, that and what Grandaddy cooks up out back . . .

What's on your boat? One of my favorites is hard to find down here. It's called Yeungling and is brewed in PA. They claim to be America's oldest brewery.

ian ashton
08-19-2008, 09:31 PM
I forgot about the coozies; I got 2 of those too. They aren't as cool as the Moomba Coolies we'll have soon!

Miller Lite is a perfect boat beer; light, cheap, easy.

wolfeman131
08-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I forgot about the coozies; I got 2 of those too. They aren't as cool as the Moomba Coolies we'll have soon!

Miller Lite is a perfect boat beer; light, cheap, easy.

Ian,

I know there's a joke in there about how the beer and the babes on your boat should share the same qualities, but I've been married for 13 yrs so I can't figure it out.

ian ashton
08-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Ian,

I know there's a joke in there about how the beer and the babes on your boat should share the same qualities, but I've been married for 13 yrs so I can't figure it out.

LMAO. So true.

zegm
08-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Wolfman, Sled,

Yes I have the coozies, thank you! And I won a Moomba hat at the Tampa Jamboree so I have a small collection going. I also have the decal on the truck but it isn't the best one there is. But the bag and the towels that is what we need so when people pull up next to the boat they can see that we are a complete Moomba family! One that shows Moomba cares enough to keep my kids dry in this hot florida sun.
Sled, yes I mispelled that incorrectly, it was the tears of sorrow in my eyes that blinded me to the keyboard!!!

I am going to the VW Touareg Boards now, maybe they will love us! :D

jester
08-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Ian,

LMAO. Now you cant go for the cheep stuff on the boat. Some Drop Top is always good or some Dead Guy Ale. Well almost anything from Rogue is good for a day on the water.

zegm
08-19-2008, 11:02 PM
Sled,

Ah wait, I must reply to the beer issue, I am sitting here drinking aWild Blue Blueberry Lager..............................ummmmm yep a chick beer but pretty good.
Ok Sled I just recieved my first reply to how good a Touareg V-10 Diesel would tow, here is the reply:
550+ lb ft of torque in a V10 will make you forget about launching your ski boat. you'll have more fun trailering it all the time. Now see that is what I wanted to hear!

JesseC
08-19-2008, 11:16 PM
What's on your boat? One of my favorites is hard to find down here. It's called Yeungling and is brewed in PA. They claim to be America's oldest brewery.

Yeungling is my favorite beer here in AL as well. Publix just started carrying it in a can!!! I do not really like glass on the boat for safety issues. If I am out West, my favorite beer out there is Fat Tire, unfortunately you can not get it in the SE.

jester
08-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeungling is my favorite beer here in AL as well. Publix just started carrying it in a can!!! I do not really like glass on the boat for safety issues. If I am out West, my favorite beer out there is Fat Tire, unfortunately you can not get it in the SE.

Fat Tire is also a good beer. I agree with the glass thing but they dont make a good beer that comes in a can. So i guess it is a give take relation ship between me and my beer.

JesseC
08-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Fat Tire is also a good beer. I agree with the glass thing but they dont make a good beer that comes in a can. So i guess it is a give take relation ship between me and my beer.

Well, hopefully Yenigling will start to appear in the can for you as well. This is the first summer it has been available here in the can form and I couldn't have been happier!!

zegm
08-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Sled,

For Touareg - 5200 lbs Curb for V-8 and 5800 lbs for V-10 diesel. Again empty weights. Curb weight for 1500 Chevy Extended cab 4409 lbs for Avalanche 4WD 5651lbs. Just looked these up and was kind of shocked but I guess this explains why the Silverado gets so much better gas milage than the Avalanche! Keep in mind the Touareg is all time 4wd so it has that running gear under it that adds weight.

zegm
08-20-2008, 12:52 AM
Sled,

In the cab there is no comparison, the VW has a ton of room and that is the issue. I was sitting in the passenger seat and could stretch my legs all the way out in front of me and yet there was still a ton of rear leg room behind me. And we hate it when the kids get out of the extended cab, forget to shut their doors and then slam the main doors, it sounds aweful. And they can't get out unless we release them, so it is also about having 4 doors again.
Yeah I will lose the bed, but hey that is what the trailer is for since we rarely put anything in the bed anyway. We now plan on more events like the Flint River Jamboree, the Lake Sinclair Jamboree and whatever Florida Jamboree will be held next year. So we want to be comfortable while getting there and not walk into a Hotel with our suit cases wrapped in plastic trash bags again. I guess the purpose it to find a Nice towing vehicle. Now for other not so big items I need to haul the rear seats fold down and I can run to Lowes and get some things if needed since the kids hate going there with me anyway. You know I was never a VW fan but her Jetta has been Great and after driving that thing, well you go test drive one and see if it doesn't make you smile too. I mean the front brakes have 6 piston calipers on them!!! Right off the Porsche parts bins!

aerophoto
08-20-2008, 02:20 AM

You would need Canadian beer its real LOL

kaneboats
08-20-2008, 10:40 AM
I've really tried to stop bringing bottles on the boat too. EdG had Yeungling in cans at the TampaJam-- not for long though. In fact, both of us ran out toward the end of the day. I guarantee that will never happen again. What we need is a good Canadian beer in a can- those fake aluminum bottles and the plastic bottles don't cut it for me. Maybe I should rig up a tapper and serve drafts instead. Put your cup in your new Moomba coolie and stick it to the hull.

Z, BMW doesn't make a tow vehicle?

moombadaze
08-20-2008, 10:58 AM
wow now Pat, i'll be looking for that cold draft beer next year at Lanier

kaneboats
08-20-2008, 11:01 AM
That sounds like a dare.

MrsZ
08-20-2008, 04:03 PM
wow now Pat, i'll be looking for that cold draft beer next year at Lanier

Kaneboats, Do we HAVE to wait till next year? There is that Flint River thing coming up soon. We could be your pilot run...to work out the bugs.

kaneboats
08-20-2008, 05:10 PM
That sounds like a dare too!