PDA

View Full Version : stereo cutting out

trex
07-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Just wondering if anyone else's stereo cuts out when the volume starts to get a little high? Is that one amp to small to power 6 speakers a sub and two tower speakers?

Hydrofoiljunky
07-06-2008, 10:03 PM
What amp are you running? I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. I had to turn down the gain on the sub and the tower speakers, seemed to work for a little while, then it shut off again. I then unbridged(Is that a word) :-) my amp for the tower speakers and havn't had it shut off since. I sure miss the extra power but it's not worth cutting off on me right in the middle of a session. You might have to get another amp or try turning down your gain and sub level?????? Man those things can get hot......

Chad

deafgoose
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Sounds like the amp is going into protection mode. Better that then damage the speakers with clipping signals.

tazz3069
07-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Sounds like not enough power for the speakers. The amp is getting hot and turning off. This is a safety feature. I would look into getting another amp for the tower speakers. What type of amp are you running now?

trex
07-07-2008, 08:31 AM
its just the factory amp...it was upgraded a year after i bought the boat by moomba. Its a Kenwood just not sure of the model numbers..which prolly would really help :)