PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump inconsistent

brownski
07-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Has anyone had trouble with fuel pump not pumping when it got hot. I have had a fuel problem and have chased down every other possibility and it seems that when the boat has been running awhile the pump sounds and feels like it is pumping, but is not pulling anything from the tank. Pump is pretty warm to the touch. All the dealers and service men I have spoken to said it usually either works or it doesn't. This is the original pump on a 99 outback LS.

BLKOUTLS
07-06-2008, 10:47 PM
brownski have you checked it with a 12 volt tester to be sure it is getting power at the time it is faltering. the older indmars had a 3 wire oil pressure switch that Larry (engine nut) were trouble some and indmar came out with a 2 wire retro version for it worth looking into. this supplies 12 volts to the pump and may be causeing your fuel starvation. also the anti siphon valve at the tank.

Chris

brownski
07-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I have not checked with the voltage coming to the pump and currently have a new pump on order. I will check the voltage, next. I don't want to bolt on an expensive new pump if not necessary. thanks