PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump vapour locking problem

moombabob
07-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Hello All,

Just a quick question, has anyone run into the problem of their fuel pump vapour locking on them? We have run our boat (05 Mobius LSV) so far this year with no problems then completely out of the blue it wouldn't idle and was hard starting. Had good spark, lots of air so I thought it must be fuel related. Spoke to our dealer and they said it was just that the weather has been hot and the fuel pump is vapour locking and that the newer boats have gone to a dual fuel pump to solve this problem. His solution was to wait for the engine to cool down or to poor cold water over the fuel pump. My wife and kids are at the lake and this problem is persisting so I am curious if anyone agrees with or can offer an alternative diagnosis of our situation and thus perhaps a better solution.

Thanks in advance!

tazz3069
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Last year mine vapor locked. I took it in to the dealer, since it was new, and told them about the problem. SC shipped out another pump. The best part about it was that everything ws free. Boat runs awesome now. I would get another pump in your boat.

moombabob
07-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks Tazz, from some additional research that I've done I think you're right... or they say there is a small screen at the bottom of the fuel pump that could be restricted...

tazz3069
07-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Bob--
I forgot to mention. Now I have two pumps in it now.