PDA

View Full Version : Surgery on the LSV 2.0

newty
07-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I know I started this a long time ago and have posted several pics but here is the start to finish on the sub box install on the LSV under the drivers foot well. Sorry its a link buts its easier then posting it twice. Enjoy.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/597794.html?1215131662
I'm very happy with the results and am glad I took the time to do it correct. I would not recomend it for the faint of heart. ;)

kaneboats
07-04-2008, 12:15 AM
OHhhhhhh. That is friggin tight! Very nice. Totally shipshape.

Limishowman3
07-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Why did you put a second sub in the boat on the left side? It seems like only one side of the sub would hit good, plus a roller may splash it and get some water on it?

cab13367
07-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Newty,

The sub install looks awesome - you do good work. Question though: Why'd you bother carpeting over the cutout in the footbox when you covered everything up with that nice, front piece anyway? I'd love to get your template for that front piece by the way - I may do something similar (minus the surgery on the footbox).

Al

jmvotto
07-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Newty,

Looks awesome, I thought as the pictures progressed that this was the sealed box custom option that people spoke about on this BB, for the wedge footrest. Awesome setup, what is the 5 in round device to the right of the sub.

I am looking at amps, are the Rockfords marine or just car audio and how do they sound?? probably pretty tight....

tarkus70
07-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Very nice I'm getting into doing some sound work and had something like this in mind for my boat. Very well thought out.

newty
07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the props guys. to answer some Q's

limishowman, I thought about you question and realized why I added the 2nd sub, its because I could!
the box is resined and the sub is waterproof. (Most kicker speakers are marine rated) I have tested it too with a couple rollers.

Cab, I carpeted the spot becase anytime I modify a boat and add something I want it to look like the factory did it. So if I deceide to sell it and they don't want the stereo or I don't want to sell the stereo I can pull it and it will look like its supposed to be there. That and because I could, oh and because I'm anal retentive.
The panel I made was really easy. PM me and I'll give you my # so I can help you with that if you want.

jmvotto, The amps are standard car audio as are most boat steroes now. Yes it sounds good. The device you reffered to is a Clarion EQ since I did not put in a cd player/tuner. I ran from my ipod to the harmon kardon drive and play, directly into the eq. there I can adjust volume, bass level, fade from towers to interiors, as well as fine tune the system with the eq. The EQ has 3 rca outputs that will control each amp seperately.
Works really nice and I don't need a deck that costs $300. The only thing I really wanted a deck for was so I could have wired remotes on the boat. This way I'm in charge of the music!! And I always play what I like.

jmvotto
07-07-2008, 07:14 AM
jmvotto, The amps are standard car audio as are most boat steroes now. Yes it sounds good. The device you reffered to is a Clarion EQ since I did not put in a cd player/tuner.

The device on the subwoofer wall/kick panel is the eq?? I see the eq up near the throttle and understand how it works. Just wondered what the other device was.

newty
07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
JM.. oops, yea that was my bad. That would be my heater vent.
I picked up some more hose from AWS (active water sports) and relocated the footwell vent in the kick panel.
I'd like to get one of those supra flashlighs and hang it in there too.

c.rix
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
looks good! I wanted to know what was under the kick panel when I did my custom box now I may go back to the drawing board over the winter. Did you order the carpet through your dealer? Thats one of my pet peves my carpet is a bit off color from the SC carpet

Also what are you screwing to on the side of the hull did you epoxy something to screw to? I want my amps out of the way the design I had Im not liking anymore

jkendall79
07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Newty, how's the sound quality on the Harmon Kardon drive and play? Is it easy to install?

newty
07-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Sound is good there is a little hiss but I that is in part from my EQ.

Razzman
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Newty, how did you hook it up? Direct method or 12V receptacle? IF direct where did you hook the red wire meant for the ignition?

newty
07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I hard wired into the aux/stereo switch. I wired the hot side to the hot feed on the switch and the switched wire to the so the switched side of the switch. I used T-taps. That way when I flip the switch on the HK, EQ, and the hot to the amps all come on at the same time.

Sled491
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Man what a project, very impressive excicution. I like that HK stuff for the IPOD.