PDA

View Full Version : FAE = Fantastic!

Jon J
07-03-2008, 11:21 AM
This winter I purchased a Fresh Air Exhaust system from Larry Mann at freshairexhaust.com and installed it this spring. I just wanted to share my opinion & experience with any fellow wakesurfers considering this upgrade:

My family and I spent MANY hours last year on the lake just addicted to Wakesurfing. We just can't get enough however the one drawback was the CO exposure. We'd get the odd headache or dizzy / nausea spell if sitting near the back of the boat too long (which is a little scary considering what we were experiencing was CO poisoning). Not to mention the smelly fumes were just annoying on those hot calm days. Well....this past weekend we had a beauty few days on the lake....it was hot & calm for four straight days so we spent over 16 engine hours mostly wakesurfing. WHAT A DIFFERENCE with the FAE. No smells, no headache, no dizzy, and even a less noise. I spent more on gas this weekend (@ 1.41 / liter) than I paid for the FAE. So obviously well worth the money IMO! I also do a pile of water skiing early in the mornings. I am happy to report no noticeable change in my wake and / or top speed.

I can imagine the above reads like I am working for FAE or something. Although I can say nothing but good things about my dealings with them, I am not in any way associated. Just impressed with a great product that addressed my last worry on the lake. Now I can truly enjoy my Moomba with "No Worries".

deafgoose
07-03-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.freshairexhaust.com

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Does it load for anyone else?

SoTX
07-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Larry is a solid individual. I have had two FAE's on two differtent boats. I absolutly love FAE. Not only for the surfing but just the everyday boating is so much more quiet and peacefull.
Oh and his Trick Boardz freaking RULE!!!

Jon J
07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Defgoose - I just tried the website again and it works for me. For some reason they have two websites addresses that end up at the same page. Try www.boatpipes.com

SoTX- What Trick Boardz model do you have? I was thinking of getting one of them. They are pretty cheap compared to some others. I know Larry was working on some composite / epoxy construction when I talked to him this winter.

Tyger
07-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm interested in getting an FAE and would like to do a group buy. I'd be willing to manage the email addresses of interested folks and communications. Anyone interested?

tlatoani
07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I installed mine a few weeks ago. I was pretty confused on the install because I apparently got the wrong instructions (I got the quick disconnect kit, but permanent mount instructions). Larry was very helpful, and the product is very well made. My wife couldn't even tell that I had started the boat the first time after installing.

adsman
07-07-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm interested in getting an FAE and would like to do a group buy. I'd be willing to manage the email addresses of interested folks and communications. Anyone interested?

I'm in for the FAE group buy

NLindellDC
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the update...

I ordered one for my Mobius just a few weeks ago. It should be in any day now, and I can't wait to get it installed and to surf! Too bad I missed the group buy :(

csmsk
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Group buy.... Count me in! Keep me up to date on this one, I've been thinking of doing this for a while now.

adsman
07-08-2008, 09:45 AM

i'll start a new thread to get more attention.... tyger, i nominate you as grand group buy coordinator (GGBC), but I will help out when needed.

thunt
07-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I too installed my FAE on my '07 OB V and we love it! We talk normally while under way and
don't have the fume smell behind the boat (at speed). Keep in mind that the higher CO levels are present at idle with or without the FAE!

Love to surf without the deafening roar!

Thanks Larry!
________
roor bong pictures (http://roorbongs.org)