PDA

View Full Version : Surf board does not fit on my rack

deafgoose
07-03-2008, 09:59 AM
What are you guys using to mount surf boards on the rad-a-cage tower?

moombadaze
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
goose, my cwb ride fits in the factory rack-it is a little tight sometimes--its like the board thickness changes in different spots, maybee try moveing the board forwards or backwords

deafgoose
07-03-2008, 12:58 PM
goose, my cwb ride fits in the factory rack-it is a little tight sometimes--its like the board thickness changes in different spots, maybee try moveing the board forwards or backwords

Interesting... I will try that for sure.

If it does not end up fitting.. what are my options?

04OUTBACK
07-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Goose,
I went with the Dbot5 Surf Rack.. Also, you can look into Monster Tower's extra Racks.
As my LF Surfboard did not fit, I also needed additional space so it was an easy choice to add a rack...
Sometimes, though, I put my surfboard in the rear compartment...kinda slide it under the seats and it fits on my LSV.. not sure if there is enough room in the OB V though.. (ballast is not full when board is in there...)

deafgoose
07-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Goose,
I went with the Dbot5 Surf Rack.. Also, you can look into Monster Tower's extra Racks.
As my LF Surfboard did not fit, I also needed additional space so it was an easy choice to add a rack...
Sometimes, though, I put my surfboard in the rear compartment...kinda slide it under the seats and it fits on my LSV.. not sure if there is enough room in the OB V though.. (ballast is not full when board is in there...)

My board fits in the left rear compartment but not even close in the right rear.

Where did you buy the Dbot5 surf rack? I cant seem to find it on wakeside.com or buywake.com.

Do you got pics? :)

deafgoose
07-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I kinda doubt yours will fit.

The Tsunami and the Ride are solid epoxy boards and the razr is fiberglass over foam.

So what is better? Solid epoxy or fiberglass over foam?

I sure wish I would have known this because I could have bought a CWB Ride intsead.

04OUTBACK
07-03-2008, 10:22 PM
I got my Dbot from Wakeside but not sure if they still have them.. I got the 07 model on sale in January.. The 08s are different..
I broke mine and dbot was great to help replace broken parts..

newty
07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
I use the Z-5 but I can only get like 6 surf boards in there. Sorry I had to do it.

jmvotto
07-04-2008, 07:04 AM
lipboating.com has a kneeboard rack that would probably work too.

Tyger
07-04-2008, 02:45 PM
I had trouble finding a double surf board rack that I liked. I finally ended up with the (new) Nice Rack and I love it. Check out this thread for my experiences and pics on page 3 (bad ones) of the Nice Rack:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5142

It should be well wide enough for you thicker surf board.

deafgoose
07-04-2008, 04:02 PM
I had trouble finding a double surf board rack that I liked. I finally ended up with the (new) Nice Rack and I love it. Check out this thread for my experiences and pics on page 3 (bad ones) of the Nice Rack:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5142

It should be well wide enough for you thicker surf board.

That is exactly what I have been looking for!

Thanks so much.

The only worry I have is the clamp. The horisontal bars on my tower are not round. :(

moombadaze
07-05-2008, 08:14 AM
Goose, found out yesterday that my ride will not fit in the 08 factory racks-i got it shoved in and had a heck of a time getting it out, started to tear the foot traction pad on the board-now with the 03 it fit perfectly. must have been a slight change, i did notice a little black flap spacer looking thing on the 08 rack and i think that is the problem.

stacy