PDA

View Full Version : 06 LSV: two issues. ballast and stereo

Sanguine
07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm looking for some advice. I have an 06 LSV with the GIII Ballast. Here are my problems.

1) When filling my rear port ballast bag, my center bag also fills. I figure there is some valve or something not working correctly here... where is it located? Something I should be able to get at and work on myself?

2) Stereo has gone wonky. I have the stock system with the kenwood unit in the glove box, 4ch amp, sub, and 4 tower speaker bar. I have the driver's wired remote, and use the cd changer adapter to power and wire up an iPod. Some days it works fine. Others, the buttons on the unit front stop working with just the volume on the remote working. Then, a couple hours in, even the buttons on the remote stop responding, all the while blaring music with no way to adjust volume or change inputs. I figure this is a headunit replacement, but thought I'd post in case others had thoughts.

Aquaholic
07-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Sounds like you need a new head unit. As for the ballast go back under the transmission cover and make sure the little black lever near the black silonoid(SP) are laying down flat.

Aqua

Sanguine
07-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the response! I'll check the toggle on the solenoids next time I get back to her. As for the head unit, yeah, I think I'll take the opportunity to upgrade it. From the other posts on here, sounds like the KDC-X692 is an easy/cheap/convenient upgrade.