PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Moomba-custom cover plate 4 all!!

Aquaholic
06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Please, this thread is for anyone who has done or is strongly considering relocating the factory ballast switches. I was talking with my machine shop friend about making Cab a custom cover, but its to expensive to make just one. However if I can find out how many people truly want something like this then I know the cost will go down and all will benefit.

The cover will be roughly 3.25 X 7.25 in size. The material will be aluminium either 1/8 of an inch or 1/4 whatever works the best. I want to chamfer the edges on all four corner. Means it will ramp down thick to thin. It will have the Moomba logo cnc'd in to it, much like my oval I had made. The surface will have a textured surface just like the factory boardracks do. 4 holes will be drilled and counter sunk in the approximate location of the holes that you have now.

Price will depend on volume. One was going to be in the 150 to 200 range, which to expensive for what its going to be used for. So lets all get together and help brother Cab get a great looking cover.

I'll give this post the rest of the week to get a count of the yes's and will set the price and move forward.
--------------------
If this project goes good then I will take on the gunnal step project, because I too want something cool like that.

Crack-a-lack people!

Aqua

tazz3069
06-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Aqua--
Count me in for one plate. Also, I would like to get a price for the Oval cover. I am going to remove the Moomba Cruise and need something to cover the hole.
Tazz

cab13367
06-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks Aqua. And here is the link to the ballast switch relocate post to help this thread along:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5668

I am also looking into installing either a tilt out tray, a small glove box, or small drawer in that hole (I would enlarge it obviously) if I could find one that fits and looks decent. I would be handy to put my cell phone and car keys in, as well as my sunglasses, watch, and ring when it's my turn to ride. The glove box always seems to be full with everyone else's stuff. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

I took the boat out this weekend for the first time since the switch relocate and really love the new location. So much easier to use and to see the status of the switches.

Here's an on the water pic (I brought the gps along that day to calibrate my speedo and perfect pass). You can also see the 10" Polk/MOMO sub that I recently installed in the footbox.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/IMG_1010.jpg

yearround
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I am in, can we get to $40-$50 range?
thanks

Aquaholic
07-01-2008, 10:33 AM
In order to get the cover plate in the 70ish range we need 6 confirmed orders.

Aqua