PDA

View Full Version : Trim Plate switch?

tazz3069
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Has anyone thought of relocating the the trim plate switch. I was kind of thinking on relocation it to the dash. I need to see if I can find a switch that I can use that matches what we have on the dash.

cab13367
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
tazz,

I've done that, along with some of the other gauges. See the thread below:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=3675

Aquaholic
06-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Cab, he wants to move the blinker style switch off of the steering colum to a switch on the dash. If I'm reading it correctly.

Aqua

tazz3069
06-30-2008, 10:21 PM
Correct. I want to remove the the blinker and install the switch on the dash somewhere. By the way, I really like the placement of your guages. The way you did it makes alot of scense.
Tazz

cab13367
06-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Correct. I want to remove the the blinker and install the switch on the dash somewhere. By the way, I really like the placement of your guages. The way you did it makes alot of scense.
Tazz

Sorry Tazz, Aqua was right - I misunderstood your question.

Since you are going to replace the Moomba cruise with perfect pass, maybe you could rewire the Moomba cruise switch to control the wakeplate?

I personally like it on the column where it is since I can find it without having to look for it.

tazz3069
06-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Cab--
On your dash board, I like the way you rearranged all your gauges. I would switch the depth guage and the trim guage. This way, the trim guage will be next to the switch. In regards to the cruise switch, I need to find a 3 position switch. Up-neutral-Down. I really like idea. I just might do that. I am just thinking of winter projects.

04OUTBACK
06-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Tazz.. do you know who makes the wake plates for Moomba?
Here is a complete kit from Overtons made by Bennett... it comes with a single switch. My guess is you might could get that switch from them... Overtons also has several switches, but they are doubles as most NON wake/ski boats would have 2 tabs...

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=71185&pdesc=Bennett_X_22_Wake_Tab_22W_x_9D&str=trim%20tab&merchID=1008&r=view

cab13367
06-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Cab--
On your dash board, I like the way you rearranged all your gauges. I would switch the depth guage and the trim guage. This way, the trim guage will be next to the switch. In regards to the cruise switch, I need to find a 3 position switch. Up-neutral-Down. I really like idea. I just might do that. I am just thinking of winter projects.

Tazz,

I arrange the gauges so that the ones I look at the most are in the same area. Other than the PP gauge, I look at the wakeplate gauge, the fuel gauge, and the depth gauge the most so I put them on the right side next to each other. On the left are the oil and water temp gauge which I look at less frequently but still need to monitor. I hardly ever look at the voltmeter so I stuck it down by the throttle.

Isn't the Moomba cruise a three position switch? +, -, and neutral?

Al

tazz3069
07-01-2008, 12:19 AM
I have to look. I never use it. The one time I did use it, I ws disappointed. So I do not use it. I think you are right though. there is a + and - on one of the switches that could posibly be used.