PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Trailer

MOOMBA_97
06-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Anybody else have a very noisy trailer? I have had several boats but the squeak coming from the springs is unbearable. I have tried oiling the springs (let me say drowning them) but have had no luck. My only other thought, other than changing out the springs, is to loosen some of the bolts and fittings and retightening. Thought maybe they were in a bind. These things are downright embarrassing on a boat like this.

Monty

AaronWhitt82
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I have this same problem on my trailer as well. I can't figure out where it is coming from either. My guess was the spring area somewhere too. Mine only does it when I go over a bump or hit a hole and the trailer will bounce a bit and squeak. I'm not too worried about it right now and figure it's just the normal noises it makes when going over bumps or hitting holes in the road.....

MOOMBA_97
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I know that a little squeak may be "normal" but it's pretty bad. I'm wonder if there are some type of bushings where the springs bolt to the trailer (inside the spring holes). If so these may be worn and making metal to metal.

Monty