PDA

View Full Version : I feel so guilty, please forgive me....

04OUTBACK
06-29-2008, 09:13 PM
We had a nice ride yesterday on the river.. not too crowded and pretty decent water. had a great time!
Today, we took some friends with 6 & 9 year old boys out. They brought along their friend Big Bertha... We pulled them on the tube for over 2 hours... they had a blast...

Now, it was a rainy day and no one was around the area of the lake I was on.. And, I moved further off from shore/spillway when a few boats showed up... but I felt so guilty Pulling a tube! I did have fun watching the kids... Got their dad up for some riding on the wakeboard and their Mom got up briefly...

Please don't hold it against me... :-)

Aquaholic
06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
I just threw-up little in my mouth.

Aqua

SEARK
06-29-2008, 10:28 PM
A tube? I'm so disapointed in you. LOL I'm sure the kids enjoyed it. Lake was to rough for us to even go out on today.

Tyger
06-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Hey, man, you are introducing the kids to the boating lifestyle. Once they get a bit older and/or braver, they are going to want to try something else.

I keep as many toys on my boat as I can to entertain guests: tubes, kneeboard, wakeboard, wakeskate, surfboard.

Just no fishing from our boats, please!

04OUTBACK
06-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Aqua,
It was a joke as I get irritated at tubers when I am out wakeboarding .... The joke was related to the fact that I was out blowin up the water cuttin' donuts for the kids....

Seark,
The afternoon started out rainy and windy... but The Reservoir has a big spillway that kept things calm... the wind happened to be blowing directly into the spillway (about 15' above water) so that was a decent place to hang out.. we even rode the wakeboards a little...

Tyger,
You are correct...the kids had a blast... and don't worry....no fishing from the boat.. my offshore fishing buddy on the coast wanted to know if the board racks were rod racks ond the tower was for trolling! all in fun...

Anyway, it was fun for them and I was making a joke....

JesseC
06-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Just no fishing from our boats, please!

What?!?!?! No fishing??? The board racks make excellent holders for fishing rods, you just cast them out and strap'em in and troll for catfish...I thought everyone did this? You have to also put a plug in the front ski locker to convert it to a live well. That is why they put the aerator and evac pump in there for. You just remove the bag add a cork and now you have an instant live well. It keeps the fish alive while you are out tubing no need to unload them imediately!!!

Aquaholic
06-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I was just kidding with you too! I think that any activity that promotes the use of the boat is fantastic. Its hard to type the humor into the replys. When I read them I try to ask myself how someone else will read it. I'm a smart @$$ by nature. Just read my mission statement!

Aqua
ps no fishing LOL

BensonWdby
06-30-2008, 07:05 PM
For real - no fishing rods in my boat... And I always laugh when my neighbor with the $50,000 Air Nautique comes out and all he pulls are tubes.... I can do the same thing with a pontoon....

tazz3069
06-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Fishing Poles. I do not even allow shoes in my boat. Now the guy with the Ski Nautique, don't feel sorry for. He has all that boat and has no idea how to use it. Yea, I pull the kids on the tube once in a while, but we also wakeboard, ski, cruise, go to jamborees, meet new Moomba owners, etc.
Other Boat owners. Pay lots of money watch it in the driveway. Lots of money means EGO
Moomba Boats = A S%@t Load of fun.

04OUTBACK
06-30-2008, 11:20 PM
aqua,
cool..true...sarcasm is difficult in print..
I was hoping I did not cause you to yak..haha

fish slime and carpet don't go well together! Although, Jesse did make a good recomendation on using the ski locker for a live well....

JesseC
07-01-2008, 12:14 PM
aqua,
cool..true...sarcasm is difficult in print..
I was hoping I did not cause you to yak..haha

fish slime and carpet don't go well together! Although, Jesse did make a good recomendation on using the ski locker for a live well....

All I have to say is that the first person that actually tries this on my boat is gonna get dropped off and never heard from again. I am with Tazz, I cringe when I see shoes that are not boat friendly on board. I pray that my boat NEVER learns what a fishing pole is.

I wonder if those guys that just tube with their tournament wake/ski boats fish out of them as well????

zegm
07-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Jessie,

OK I won't tell Sled you did this! When we were at the boat show and my wife saw the z-cargo top she mentioned that as well as skis and wakeboards it has an extra large piece of adjustable canvas up there, I said yeah that is for the tubes. She goes great, and I am thinking like you know we don't own a tube and we tend to cuss people pulling them. But I didn't say word because I wanted that top. Now she might go buy one just to try out how it works! What is she thinking can someone write her and tell her this is just WRONG!!!

When I first got my 25ft Proline my good friend from Atlanta comes down and we go out fishing. Not wanting to get his good shoes wet with salt water he wears this OLD black soled shoes. I start looking at what used to be a pure white floor and it looks like the runway at the Atlanta airport with all of these black marks. OK in the fishing boat you can wear shoes because it can be hard on the feet but please have you ever heard of NON MARKING shoes!!!! It took me and the wife a big bottle of Cholrox and an hour of scrubbing to get that stuff off. In the ski boat come on, who needs shoes with all that soft plush carpet!!!!! ALL shoes stay at the dock except for a pair I throw in the boat in case I have to wade or walk for help.

JesseC
07-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Zegm,
I also carry a pair of non marking shoes in the bow under the front cushion. They are my run across the parking lot to get the truck shoes.

Don't get me wrong, on days where the water is way too choppy, I drag out the O'Brien Super Screamer and the Bullet tubes. They are a lot of fun and I definately enjoy them. What I can not stand is when some jack leg with ZERO common sens comes into my perfectly glassy secret area and does circles when about 200 yards away is the open water with white caps and breakers! No need to do the god forsaken circles, just sling them side to side in the main body...get out of my glassy slew!!!!!!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) I better stop now or I am going to throw my computer out of the window in a fit of "your a jack leg" rage!!!!!

kaneboats
07-01-2008, 02:30 PM
This is like an AA meeting. My name is kaneboats and I have, on occasion, pulled a tube with a Moomba. I admit I have ruined good water for other wakeboarders. Admitting the problem is the first step. Getting a pontoon boat is the second one. Guess I'm never gonna get better!