PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Outback V .vs 2008 Mobius LSV

deafgoose
06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
What do you get for $5600 more for the LSV?

The only thing I can tell is that the boat is 10" longer.

Hillbilly
06-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm almost positive the wake is different. I imagine it would have to be considering the hull shape and size? I know I didn't even look at the Outback because of how shallow it was.Not knocking the Outback just pointing out what I noticed and why I didn't even look at them.

deafgoose
06-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Interesting.

I was looking at one and I could not really see how it was worth $5600 more so I went with the Outback V.

JoeTechie
06-29-2008, 05:16 PM
What the dealer should have said:

Different hull design: newer, deeper, more freeboard, wider, longer by a good amount, better able to handle chop, very diff wake design, etc.
Newer windshield design
Thicker, beefier tower
New bucket seat
Larger ballast capacity
Tower + ballast come standard (vs paying for it as an extra on the V.)

Not sure how the LSV you looked at was setup, but just a stereo, and lighting package can up a boat by a grand. Need apples to apples comparrison... but it looks like you needed this in a few hours and just purchased one so...

Welcome to the family.

-J

deafgoose
06-29-2008, 05:31 PM
I had only two Moomba dealers to choose from and did not want to wait to have one custom made. I was limited to what they had in stock.

The Outback V was pretty much the only one in my price range. The LSV's they had were 10k more then my Outback V but they were fully loaded.