PDA

View Full Version : Stargazer PP on order

Burke
06-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm finally joining the Perfect Pass club with my 97 outback - just ordered the new GPS Stargazer PP wake edition. Can't wait to get it in.

Anybody else running the stargazer? How do you like it?

Burke

tazz3069
06-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Burke--
I just ordered mine last week. I have not recieved it yet. Can hardley wait to get it.
Tazz

Aquaholic
06-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I too want this upgrade, however, I have to buy the new gauge in additon to the brain. This sucks because there is NOTHING wrong with my current gauge. The viewing screen is a single line read out verse the slightly larger screen. I thought I would sell my current gauge to someone who wants digital wakeboard pro version and does not have PP and wants PP. It will help some one out there.

Aqua

tazz3069
06-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Aqua--
I had ordered the whole bowl of wax. $1049.00 delivered. I should get it Monday or Tuesday FedEx. I hope I get to install it this week and try it this coming weekend.

tlatoani
06-29-2008, 06:16 PM
I've been running a stargazer for a while. It's not the wake edition, but from what I have read it uses the gps to calibrate the paddle wheel. I guess they don't work exactly the same, but it's been great.

cab13367
06-29-2008, 06:41 PM
So is that the only difference between the standard (Wakeboard Pro) PP and the Stargazer, is that the Stargazer suns of GPS so you know the speed is right?

I just calibrated mine with a gps yesterday and it took all of 5 minutes (it was reading 1.5 mph slow). Not sure it's worth a grand for the Stargazer if you already have the Wakeboard Pro?? Hopefully there are other improvements such as an intuitive interface.

Al

tazz3069
06-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Cab--
My boat did not have anything in it. Just the two speedos.

tlatoani
06-29-2008, 10:26 PM
That's the main difference. The display is supposedly different (has temp on the main screen for example). You can upgrade for less than 1k, but I forget how much.

So is that the only difference between the standard (Wakeboard Pro) PP and the Stargazer, is that the Stargazer suns of GPS so you know the speed is right?

I just calibrated mine with a gps yesterday and it took all of 5 minutes (it was reading 1.5 mph slow). Not sure it's worth a grand for the Stargazer if you already have the Wakeboard Pro?? Hopefully there are other improvements such as an intuitive interface.

Al

cab13367
06-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Cab--
My boat did not have anything in it. Just the two speedos.

Tazz,

That makes sense - if you didn't have PP before, you might as well buy the new model.

Let us know how you like it.

Al

tazz3069
06-30-2008, 08:24 AM
It should come in today. I will let you know how it goes.
Tazz