PDA

View Full Version : setting up

modogg11
06-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Just tried setting my outback v for wake surfing, and was having trouble seting it up, i have the factory ballast in the center and rears and had 5 bodies in the boat,

wondering how to set it up.

or if its possible with this boat.

deafgoose
06-27-2008, 02:15 AM
I would love to know also!

I have the stock Gravity III ballast and was curious how much weight each bag is. I was told 400lb each (1200lb total). If that is the case then I would need at least one 750lb bag on the surf side correct?

moombadaze
06-27-2008, 07:48 AM
my set up-2003 lsv--same hull as yours.
i have a 800lb bag in rear surf side locker--it does not fill to 800lb but i do fill it all the way--it completely fills it up to the lid-had to cut foam pool noodles to fit around the opening and on the hatch strutt bracket so it protects the bag, gravity one bag filled, put a 500lb bag in the bow walk thru, a 500lb bag across the rear seat. with this set up my rub rail is about 3 inches above the water---look for my pictures in the post"what is your setup". as for speed-my speedo reads 15mph-i know its off, i can tell when surfing we are at the right speed cause the boat exhaust sound frees up and the swimm platform is out of the water.

stacy

newty
06-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Only fill the bow sack and the rear sac on the side you plan to surf on. If you want to get an even more surfable wave take the sack your not using and put it on the seat on the surf side as well. Then get all your passengers to get to the surf side. You might put 1 or 2 in the bow. but the outback V doesn't need too much up front. That is the set-up.
Works every time.
Good luck!