PDA

View Full Version : 20hr service?

pickle311
06-25-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm at 20 hours now and ready for the service, does anyone know exactly what the dealer checks and changes on the 20 hour service? I may just do it myself and save some money.

zegm
06-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Oil and filter change, look in both the Moomba and Indmar manuals for these details.

Jon
06-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Every dealer does it different. At my dealership I have a list of items that takes up 2 pages that we do. It does include an oil and filter change as well as a fuel filter change. Many more things to do in addition to this-too many to list.

Appleknocker
06-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Like Jon said every dealership is different. At mine they changed all fluids and checked motor mounts, drive shaft and prop.

04OUTBACK
06-26-2008, 02:08 PM
I am a cheapskate and like to do all I can, but I think I would probably have the dealer service it first and make sure all is good.
But my last 2 have been used and have already been through a couple of services when I have gotten them..
and dealer is 3hrs away so it is easier to do what I can here.

cab13367
06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
pickle,

I called the dealer to find out what they did for the 20 hour and how much they charged and about the only thing I didn't feel confident I could do is the checking of the prop shaft alignment. So I did the 20 hr myself - mostly consisting of changing the engine oil & filter, the transmission fluid, and the v-drive fluid. I still have not had the prop shaft alignment checked and probably should get that done.

They would also do a lot little stuff like go through your trailer, check your lights, basically check everything on the boat and trailer to make sure everything is working properly.

Al

jmvotto
06-27-2008, 07:05 AM
In addition to cab's detailed list, my dealer talked about tightening up alot of mounts like the tower bolts, etc. the cost is approx. 150.00 to 200.00

my .05 (inflation)

jester
06-27-2008, 02:45 PM
I did not know the 20 hour service would be that much. I guess it is a good thing in a way i have had problems with my boat so my dealer is giving it to me for free. Anyone know about how long they will have my boat for when I finally make it to the 20 hours?