PDA

View Full Version : Hole in locker?

Eric Z
06-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Has anyone drilled holes in the bottom of the ski locker. Mine is filling up with water and was wondering about drilling some holes so the bildge will get rid of it. What is under the ski locker area? Can you drill there? Has anyone ever done this?

cab13367
06-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Eric,

I don't think you want to do that. If you look closely at the floor of the ski locker, you might notice that it's been drilled and then patched. SC does this at the factory to fill that area between the stringers with flotation foam. So there is not where for the water to go if you drill holes in your ski locker floor.

If you seach the archives, there was a post from someone at SC about this.

Al

Eric Z
06-25-2008, 06:19 PM
So how do you get the water out? I don't want it to mold and smell bad.....

cab13367
06-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Good question. I store my boat in the garage so I typically just keep the ski locker door open to let it air out. I don' tworry about it much since I go about about every weekend. I did suck all the water out and removed the sac when I winterized it last fall.

You could use a fluid transfer pump and pump it out each time. I have one of those Aquazookas that you suck water with and shoot it out so I used that once and shot the water into a bucket. You could also use a wet/dry vac. One person on this forum plugged the hole on the back of the ski locker to prevent water from getting in there in the first place.

Al