PDA

View Full Version : aux input on kenwood stereo

yearround
06-25-2008, 12:19 AM
we were sitting the the boat tonight talking about our upcoming trip to lake powell. My daughter had her ipod and wanted to hear her music. we plugged into the aux input and pressed the source button, but the unit would cycle between tuner, CD, and standby.

i thought that we only needed to cycle through the sources, should i do something else? is my input bad?

we also tried an mp3 player and 2 separate cords. both worked in other units.

Miller_Time
06-25-2008, 12:57 AM
I can't remember exactly how to do it as I dont have the book with me, but you have to get into the menu and turn on the aux input. Its very simple to do, it will tell you how to do it in the book. Sorry I cannot give you the exact steps. Someone may chime in with the steps, I'll be at the boat next week, if you still need the steps then I will look them up and post the steps for you.

deafgoose
06-25-2008, 01:02 AM
I was under the impression you need to buy a kenwood adapter to plug into the back of the deck to connect an ipod.

Miller_Time
06-25-2008, 01:13 AM
I was under the impression you need to buy a kenwood adapter to plug into the back of the deck to connect an ipod.

Thats true if you want to be able to control the ipod with the head unit or your remotes. But if you just want to use it to play music, you can use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord to connect the ipod to the input on the front of the head unit.

yearround
06-25-2008, 09:16 AM
i may not have been reading the book enough, i thought it said to simply scroll through the source button until the AUX comes on. i did not understand that i had to turn on the AUX separate.

will try some more tonight.

thanks

ian ashton
06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
i may not have been reading the book enough, i thought it said to simply scroll through the source button until the AUX comes on. i did not understand that i had to turn on the AUX separate.

will try some more tonight.

thanks

You will only have to turn the Aux Input on once. Once you do it it will be come one of the "SRC" options.

yearround
06-26-2008, 01:47 PM
we poked around for a while last night, finally figured it out. now we can listen. not at all along the lines of my illogical thinking.

thanks all for the help

Tyger
06-29-2008, 11:36 PM
See my (updated) post on installing a newer Kenwood that includes an iPod control. I mounted the USB plug for the iPod (or any USB device) in the glove box with the stereo, so you can play the iPod with the box closed and no external wires and still pause/play and skip from the driver's side.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=5109

04OUTBACK
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Yearround
What did you have to do to the unit? Mine started that this weekend..
I was running ipod through the sirius unit (with 13 pin din connector) and after that started, i unplugged the sirius unit(dont use) and it worked briefly and then started again.. i had to burn a cd!

Thanks in advance

outbackv
06-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Mine did the same thing it used to work till people started messing with my radio now when I hit src it goes radio tuner standby no aux hook up must be something easily switched I guess If you could post steps that would be great
thanks
Bruno

kaneboats
06-03-2010, 12:29 AM
My manual was wrong about how to do it. I tried the manual instructions multiple times and then my wife went out and messed with it and got it to turn on. Never forget that one!

outbackv
06-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Yes I figured it out
1) turn on the radio
2) hit src until standby comes on
3) press and hold the menu button it's above and left of the volume control hold it until the screen changes
4) use the right joy stick push it up until aux 1 comes up
5) once aux 1 is up move the right just stick to the right to turn it on
6) boom your done
7) grab a beer problem solved

kaneboats
06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
I definitely agree with #6. :D

Edit: allright, he edited it now. It said, "boom your dumb" before. LOL

outbackv
06-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Everyone on here answers my questions so I had to get in the boat and after hitting 100 wrong buttons and changing other settings I figured it all give it a shot it's very simple with these steps don't forget steps 6) and 7)

outbackv
06-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Lol I meant done my Iphone pre rights words in predict text and messed up what I was saying but I meant boom your done hope this info is useful to some people

kaneboats
06-03-2010, 01:10 PM
All I know is I really identified with the original #6 after I was in the boat for an hour and a couple of beers and couldn't figure it out with the manual and the wife did it in under 5 min. But, that told me there was nothing LOGICAL about how it was set up.

outbackv
06-03-2010, 01:43 PM
hahahaha thats funny

04OUTBACK
06-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the help.. I was assuming it was my CA-C1AUX cable going bad..
I'll try that before I order another.

thanks

outbackv
06-03-2010, 01:50 PM
ya give it a shot and let me know

kaneboats
02-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Had battery disconnected for a while and went through this again. This time the wife was flare nosed mad and I ran inside to run a search. Posts are missing but I gathered enough to get the AUX input selected again. Thanks for old posts!