PDA

View Full Version : PP set up wrong?

Mikey
06-23-2008, 11:12 PM
I recently had PP installed by my dealer in my boat and took it out to calbrate and try out etc.It is the wakeboard digital pro .I followed all the instructions on calibrateing ,using 20mph for wakeboard and 34mph for slalom skiing.After all that ,wakeboarding at 20 etc works fine but skiing doesn;t.If i set it for 34 it works as it should but if i change to 32 it will only make the boat go about 25mph,and if i set it at 36 where I usually ski it only goes to 28,29mph.After going back into set up manual it mentions changing cs/cr values which i tryed but no success.
Has anyone had these issues? or do i need to calibrate more speeds,I understood it as just getting the two systems calibrated and then should work fine? I'm stumped.
I had a friend driving for me when i discovered this problem but have tryed everything shy of a complete reset to solve the problem.
Any feed back would be appreciated,I,ve called the dealership and am waiting for a re
ply.Hopefully it is something simple i missed but who knows.
Boat is 07 outback 325mpi and correct motor #'s are in etc.

cptmoomba
06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
In rpm (slalom) mode, you have to calibrate each speed setting you will use. i.e. 28, 30, 32, 34(which you all ready did) and 36 mph. PP simply equates the rpms you enter at calibration to the mph setting you select.

The reason you don't need to do mulitple speeds in wkbd mode is due to the fact that the 20 mph calibration you completed just gives PP a baseline to work from. You are basically just calibrating the PP speedo in wakeboard mode.

Hope that helps.

Mikey
06-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Thats kinda what i thought,but i'm puzzeled as to why one speed seams to work fine but the others are way off.I talked to someone at the dealership and they are suggesting a complete system reset,and then recalibrate the two speeds only and see what happens.Maybe i set something I wasn't supposed too,maybe not.At this point just looking for others inputs.Thanks

cptmoomba
06-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I agree that it isn't all that intuitive to have to program the rpms for each 2 mph increment, but that is the way it was when I installed it on my 07 Outback and on the new 21V. Anyway, once you set it once for each speed, you are good to go. Then the problem of adjusting on the fly comes into play when the weight on board changes.

JoeTechie
06-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Mikey -

It makes sense if you think about it as a table:

28MPH = VVVVV RPM
30MPH = WWWW RPM
32MPH = XXXXX RPM
34MPH = YYYYY RPM
36MPH = ZZZZZ RPM

Your table now looks like this:

28MPH = VVVVV RPM
30MPH = WWWW RPM
32MPH = XXXXX RPM
34MPH = 3450 RPM
36MPH = ZZZZZ RPM

It is not a relative offset you are doing, it is a direct programing of one speed. This is actually preferable. That way if your fast skiers want 36MPH to actually be 36.2 mph, it will not require you to make 28MPH any faster for the beginners who prefer it to be closer to 27. And since it is not a linear progression of rpm and MPH it is better as well.

What PP needs is a "bump" option, so that when you press up or down it does not go from say 34 to 32, but just bumps 34 by 50rpm up or down.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Mikey
06-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.Thankyou. I guess i have a little more calibrateing to do then we should be good to go.I reread the manual and never once came across anything mentioning calibrateing for all the different speeds.Just the two basepoints and then i assumed ,all was good to go.Will try this out next time boat goes out.