PDA

View Full Version : 98 model

chutch
06-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Where can I get info for a 98 Outback? The website only seems to go back as far a 2000. Why is that?

kaneboats
06-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I thnk Bob Wells has a 98. He might have it all. Great guy too.

zabooda
06-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Between Bob and myself we can get you a little information. I think I have the 99 manual which is the same as the 98. The manual is rather generic and didn't help me on specifics.

bobwells
06-24-2008, 07:28 AM
let us know what your looking for and zab & I will do our best to help, I also have the manual and most of the paper work that came with my '98. b:)b

chutch
06-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Well right now I only have one question that I can think of and that is what is the pitch on the OE blade? I crawled under there and looked but I only saw one 13 which I assume is the diameter.

Would either of you guys by chance be running a 4 blade prop?

Thanks.

bobwells
06-24-2008, 07:51 AM
i'm running a 4 blade, just went out and checked and it appears I can see 2-#13's on my prop? It's the prop that was on the boat when I purcased it. I suppose its 13 diam. x13 pitch... will do some more checking and report back, Zab ? anyone?

chutch
06-24-2008, 09:35 AM
i'm running a 4 blade, just went out and checked and it appears I can see 2-#13's on my prop? It's the prop that was on the boat when I purcased it. I suppose its 13 diam. x13 pitch... will do some more checking and report back, Zab ? anyone?

Yeah if it says 13 13 then it is a 13 diameter and a 13 pitch. How long have you had it on your boat? Any problems? Do you like it? I have a three blade on it and I assume that is the OE prop. I have some dings in it and would like to replace it. I use mine mostly for wakeboarding so I would like to switch to a 4 blade. Don't know for sure all the advantages or the disadvantages but it seems from what I have read they recomend the 4 blade for wakeboarding.

zabooda
06-24-2008, 03:34 PM
I've had a 13x13 SS four blade when I got it used in 2002. After reading posts, I'm thinking a three blade would produce less wash which is better for skiing but slower out of the hole which has never been a problem. Watch your windshield frame as these boats had issues with the frame seperating from the glass on rough seas. An additional screw on the outboard corner where the frames connect did the fix. What color is the boat, blue or red? Most unique ski boat on the water, gotta love metalflake.

BensonWdby
06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
FWIW - I have a 99 Mobius - which is pretty much the same as the OB I am pretty sure. Mine is blue metalflake. Had a 4 blade 13x13 OJ Legend NiBrAl prop. Replaced with an ACME 3 Blade prop based on several recommendations. Not sure of the pitch but I think it is still 13 x 13. Personally I do not notice much difference and can not tell you which I prefer. These boats pull so well out of the whole regardless it really does not matter much for skiing... And I have pulled 8 skiers on combos with no problem....