PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a piece

tazz3069
06-22-2008, 08:03 PM
I am looking for the plactic piece that seperates the engine compartment and the back ballast tank. I am thinking of making a removable shelf or a hinged shelf in the rear compartment to cover the sacks. I store jackets, ropes, and sometimes the wakeskate. This does not fit in the racks. I still want to store these items in the back area without hindering the inflation of the sacks.
Tazz

FoilTechHydrofoiler
06-22-2008, 08:34 PM
You can get a sheet of vinyl from most building supply stores I think that would work for what your wanting. I put plastic tanks in my boat where the ballast bags once were. I had them custom made they reach from the back of the boat to under the back corner seat to where my cooler is, They also hold more water which = more weight. Only 14" in height in storage compartment then a little lower at the front so they would slide under the seat. $125 per tank

tazz3069
06-22-2008, 08:46 PM
FoilTech-

Who made these for you? Do you have pictures?

zegm
06-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Boatersworld has some marine plastics. They come in different thicknesses and sizes. I used one to make the table that also serves as a bench between the V berth in the big boat. Easy to cut, drill and sand and will never rot! www.boatersworld.com

cab13367
06-22-2008, 09:50 PM
tazz,

Google Seaboard or King Starboard. That's the stuff you want. It's what I used to build my "walk-thru tansom". See thread below for more info.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=3652

Al

twkoehn
06-23-2008, 11:29 AM
I have been thinking of doing the same thing. If you get this project completed, I would love to have some details on how you did it - what you used and the height of the placement of the shelf.

tazz3069
06-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I am going to take measurements this weekend and order the stuff. I will post pic of the project.
Tazz