PDA

View Full Version : New to Moomba

Moomba Dad
06-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post on your forum.

I just bought a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV yesterday for what I hope is a fair price. It's in great shape and has only 112 hours. Is there anything that I should watch out for with this boat? And what is a good price range that I should have paid.

I have boys, 10 & 12, who are totally geeked about the boat (Dad might be too). Taking it to the lake next this Friday for 10 days and can't wait.

Thanks for the info.

Moomba Dad

jmvotto
06-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Welcome aboard to the roo clan.

post some pics of the boys behind the boat on your vac. enjoy and have a great time.

tazz3069
06-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the sight and family. You made the right choice in your boat. I have the 07' and LOVE it. If you have any concerns or any technical question, just log on and ask. Everybody in here is very knowledgeable when it comes to these boats. If you need help with posting pictures, just ask. Again congrats with your new boat.

aintskeered
06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
Welcome to the family. And do poast some pix when you get the chance.

I am not sure what is a good price range on the boat.

Take a good inventory of fluid levels and put together a tool kit for your 10 days at play. Light tools,spare impellar, spare prop, and enjoy!

Seth

04OUTBACK
06-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Congrats on the new boat..
If you are happy, then you made a good deal. Inboard ski/wakeboard boats hold their value real well.
I imagine your two boys (and you) will remember this for a long time! Enjoy.. Make sure you have someone to drive you so you can see the view from the rope too!

Ditto the check all the fluids, may even change oil to make sure. '04 with 112 hrs is very low, so the oil may be older. Changing the oil is not bad at all with the remote oil filter and remote oil drain line..

Enjoy, and don't forget... picturs.

Moomba Dad
06-22-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanx everyone!

The oil was just changed last week. And the dealer put in a fuel/water separator (I think). He said with all of the ethanol lately he recommends that for every boat he works on.

I'll get some pics up after I return. We're really looking forward to playing with our new "toy" for a week and creating some lifelong memories with our boys. =)

Thanx again & take care,

Moomba Dad

cab13367
06-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi Everybody,

This is my first post on your forum.

I just bought a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV yesterday for what I hope is a fair price. It's in great shape and has only 112 hours. Is there anything that I should watch out for with this boat? And what is a good price range that I should have paid.

I have boys, 10 & 12, who are totally geeked about the boat (Dad might be too). Taking it to the lake next this Friday for 10 days and can't wait.

Thanks for the info.

Moomba Dad
Moomba Dad,

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Hope you come back and visit often. You will have many hours of quality time with your boys to look forward to, and they are at that age that they can do all the things we like to do behind the boat - surfing, wakeboarding, skiing - in addition to tubing which all little boys seem to love to do.

Below are some pics of my 11 year old surfing & wakeboarding. He can pretty much freesurf until I run out of gas :o

As far as what price range you should have paid, don't worry about it. You've already bought the boat so what does it matter :o

Enjoy!

Al

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/keenan3.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/cab13367/Keenan1.jpg

bobwells
06-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Welcome new friend ! prepare to have a ball ! aint nothing like spending time with your family out on the boat making "priceless" memories... take lots of pics, they grow up way too fast ! enjoy ! bob :-)

Reese350
06-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi MoombaDad,

I live in Brighton but work in Novi. We have an 06 LSV and I can tell you that you will love your new boat. It's great family time with the boys.

We are on Portage Lake in Pinckney where there are 8-10 Moombas on the lake.

Enjoy the new boat!

Scott

zegm
06-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Your best tool and advise is to use this board! It also has a search feature so don't hesitate to you it!

kaneboats
06-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Welcome! Enjoy! Lot's of great folks running round these boards. Great help with big and small stuff. Glad to have you in the family.

-Pat