PDA

View Full Version : YAH BAby

aerophoto
06-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Here she is

aerophoto
06-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Here she is
\\I Love her a few things to be taken care of but well worth the wait, and we put the first two hours on tonight so more photos later.

YEA

06-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Hey, I recognize that dock! Congrats on the boat, I like the colors. I bet that thing handles awesome.

aerophoto
06-21-2008, 01:43 AM
Hey, I recognize that dock! Congrats on the boat, I like the colors. I bet that thing handles awesome.

She is SWEET I will be in Sylvan on Sunday for the day breaking her in She is sweet and hauls ass.

Here is another photo

Mikey
06-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Nice lookin boat.Enjoy.Who did your water test with you?

tazz3069
06-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Great looking boat. Great colors. Congrats on the new addition.

04OUTBACK
06-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Love the colors...
Congrats and welcome to the clan, officiallY! Enjoy!

aerophoto
06-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice lookin boat.Enjoy.Who did your water test with you?

Did the water test with Glen. It was great Too bad it is raining or I would be on the LAKE!!!

aerophoto
06-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Went out to Ghost Dam today Windy as hell But got another 2 hours on the boat. Yea

Here is a photo of me when I got home.

Bought the board shorts in MAui that match my Boat.

aerophoto
06-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Well I got 5 hours on her now and what a blast. I will be out all weekend as it is supposed to get into the upper 80's So I should have the first 10 hours done and then Skiing I will go.....
Photos to follow. BTW ED. I got 2 pair one in Yellow and a blended pair from Black through green Blue and Yellow Like a Rainbow . They fit great too. Happy with my boat but I think the left ballast is filling as I drive and there are a couple cosmetic things that the dealer said they will fix during my 20 hour inspection and oil change.

04OUTBACK
06-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Aero,
Make sure the little levers on the ballast solenoids are switched correctly..see pic

aerophoto
06-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Thanks I will look first thing They fill right and drain right but after I drain the left is full when I pull the boat so I will look at that in the Am

06-28-2008, 02:38 AM
I'll be out all day Saturday on Sylvan. If you happen to be down here, flag me down if you see the ol Black 'n Blue.

aerophoto
06-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I'll be out all day Saturday on Sylvan. If you happen to be down here, flag me down if you see the ol Black 'n Blue.

Hey 501
I will be on Ghost Dam for the next two days WOW Huge amount of water there. GReat time I am now at 7 hours so I will go for a ski tomorrow YEA finally. Ghost is only 50k from my house and there is a lot of room. The river is also in a wind shadow so no matter what I can ski :)
I hope to be in Sylvan next week on our old Green Outback so I will keep a lookout for you

Bill

aerophoto
06-29-2008, 11:39 PM
At 22 months old A new Moomba driver in the making

aerophoto
06-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Another shot Plans to be the youngest driver ever

aerophoto
06-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Mountains and Moomba who could ask for more?

BTW Photo makes a great desktop background.

aerophoto
06-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Aero,
Make sure the little levers on the ballast solenoids are switched correctly..see pic

Where are the switches located?

04OUTBACK
06-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Front of the motor on a Vdrive...right above the v=drive actually... on my lsv, you can access them from under the back seat..

aerophoto
06-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Thanks But I have an LS and just can not find them :( well hidden I think

zegm
06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Aero,

Nice looking LS!!!!! Let me know if you find the switches as I would like to know where they are on ours too!

M.

04OUTBACK
06-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry Aero, i did not realize you have LS..

aerophoto
06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Thats fine I will find them some how My boat will be going in on Wednesday for its 10 hour oil change

zegm
06-30-2008, 06:13 PM
You mean that Moomba makes other boats?????

SEARK
06-30-2008, 07:50 PM
You mean that Moomba makes other boats?????

Yea, they made the 07 LS as well.

aerophoto
07-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Boat is in for the 20 hour Fingers Crossed

07-04-2008, 01:59 AM
I did an Oil change at 10 hours, and am planning to do another one here after our next outing. What happens at the 20 hour service? Between fuel, takngn the day off work, and paying for the service, it will cost me $1k, so if I could just do it myself, that would be better.

aerophoto
07-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Me behind my new boat today. Forgot my ski so I had to use the rookie combo ski.

aerophoto
07-05-2008, 12:34 AM
My 7 year old

aerophoto
07-05-2008, 12:41 AM
My 16 year old Her dislocated shoulder is still bothering her

aerophoto
07-08-2008, 01:45 AM
show your support on your boat

deerfield
07-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Aero - Excellent. My son is Army ROTC. Just graduated from Western Illinois University and coming up on his commissioning. The Army decal is on our Outback trailer. Will post a picture. - Deerfield

Sled491
07-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Way to go Areo, boat looks great. You mentioned you have an Outback as well? How do you find skiing behind the Mobius VS the Outback?

aerophoto
07-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Way to go Areo, boat looks great. You mentioned you have an Outback as well? How do you find skiing behind the Mobius VS the Outback?

Well I went today for the first real ski behind my new boat WOW I will need to figure out the wake thing with my 16 year old driver I love skiing behind the outback but the wake today was HUGE it will take some time to get the settings right so I get a flatter wake and I can ski well behind my new boat. I will let you know how much I love it as soon as I get used to her. LOL (And my driver gets better.) LOL Had a BLAST today though here is a pic.

Sled491
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Yeah keep me posted. I will be replacing my 07 in the next couple of years and I was really considering the LS becasue of the roominess and extra features. As we are mostly skiers I really need the LS to be almost as good or the same before I would consider it, this is exactely why we won't buy a V drive, just a bit too much wake.

aerophoto
07-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Thats why we went with the LS less wake then the LSV bigger boat then the Outback I love the boat. After breaking three ribs last year skiing I am taking it easy starting out this year.

BensonWdby
07-09-2008, 10:41 AM
If you are still taking on water in the ballaste when not wanted that will certainly give you a bigger wake. I used to try to slalom when we had the fat sacs in the boat for my sons wakeboarding - not a lot of fun - but it does force you to really stay on edge across the wakes - else file a flight plan ....

Couple other things to consider - speed and line length. My 99 Mobius direct drive (basically an Outback) flattens out quite a bit at 34 and at 28 off or shorter not really an issue. If you are still skiing long line - well don't know what to tell you - have not been out there in 30 years...

Good luck
Dave

aerophoto
07-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks Dave Fixed the ballast problem it was a switch left open so no filling. As for line length all will come with work and yes I thought I was flying yesterday ( Redbull gave me wings.) LOL

aerophoto
07-09-2008, 01:50 PM
On the water My daughters My best buds wife and her son and mt 16 year olds friend are with the boat.

I counted 5 other Moombas in Sylvan yesterday. One in the marina Black and gray another Yellow and black Mine Yellow and Charcoal A Green Outback owned by my Best friend and a Blue one owned by 501 .

Cool I bet there are a few others.

BensonWdby
07-09-2008, 05:15 PM
aero - just a thought..... How many people were in the boat when you were skiing the big wake? With my 99 Mobius I notice big differences in wake and handling when 'live load' starts going up. I normally try to run with half tank of gas and less than 450 pounds of people. No coolers and mimimal amount of gear - just a couple of skis.

Weight distreibution is equally important. I think I probably annoy my riders by asking them to change positions , or move to the inside/outside of the passenger seat, while trying to balance the wake.

Sled491
07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
BW, luckily for me most of my passengers weigh less than 50 lbs, except for the Mrs., she weighs 55 (Just in case she's listening)

07-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Aero, how come you didn't say hi? We had a blast on the lake, I wish I had noticed your boat there, my dad was pushing me hard to go with the Yellow/Black combo but i just couldn't say no tot he blue and black. Next time just yell at me, I go by the name Levi (get it, 501's is my NN, haha). So are you totally happy with the boat?

I have to say I am enjoying the XLV EVERY chance I get. I just ordered some LED's for under the dash/cup holder area like another member on the board did, I can't wait. Now I just need to convince my wife we NEED speakers and light bar.... you know, for the kids. Wish me luck.

Oh ya, I saw a really nice ALL black LSV on the lake the other night, very sharp!

deerfield
07-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Aero - On our trailer fender.....

aerophoto
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Fantasic and we are haveing a great time in Naramata Skied all day yesterday on Glass and got the wake FLAT Coollll

aerophoto
07-16-2008, 06:24 PM
Aero, how come you didn't say hi? We had a blast on the lake, I wish I had noticed your boat there, my dad was pushing me hard to go with the Yellow/Black combo but i just couldn't say no tot he blue and black. Next time just yell at me, I go by the name Levi (get it, 501's is my NN, haha). So are you totally happy with the boat?

I have to say I am enjoying the XLV EVERY chance I get. I just ordered some LED's for under the dash/cup holder area like another member on the board did, I can't wait. Now I just need to convince my wife we NEED speakers and light bar.... you know, for the kids. Wish me luck.

Oh ya, I saw a really nice ALL black LSV on the lake the other night, very sharp!

Sorry had a busy day on the lake did not see you at all and did not go out that night had to head back. I am glad you love the boat I took some photos of other Moombas one in the Marina and a couple in docks I was hoping to see yours however I will be up again soon We are off to Koocanusa in two weeks So it will be after that when I will be back up.

Bill

BTW the light bar ... Let her see one on another boat and .... Good luck should be no worries ... ;)

aerophoto
07-21-2008, 12:18 AM
me behind my boat

aerophoto
07-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Here she is in the water I finally got a shot of her from the beach

aerophoto
07-22-2008, 02:39 AM
I am letting my 17 year old learn to trailer the boat Here is another shot of her on the lake

aerophoto
07-22-2008, 02:41 AM
Aero - On our trailer fender.....

I Love it and thanks for your support

Kidder
07-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

aerophoto
07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Her smile is why we bought our boat

FearTheElf
07-24-2008, 08:38 AM
As much as I dislike the Pittsburg Steelers, that is a nice looking boat!

Love the backdrop to your lake - in Ohio we're lucky to get a hill in the background, behind which is a corn field!

aerophoto
08-04-2008, 12:23 AM
WOW What a week Just back from Koocanusa Yea that is a lake for all you down east LOL And what a week.... skied on glass... Skied under the lights WOW...bent my prop Yikes so in she goe's to get the prop fixed is it a small bend on all three blades so small I did not notice until I ran my finger across the blades musta hit a small piece of wood. Couple of scratches from the dock when a huge wind storm came up in the middle of the night and I had to sit on the dock and hold the boat that pulled me in to the water BTW. But all in all..a GREAT TIME. 30 hours on the boat 10 in three days. Bought a wake surf board also so here we go.

jetpilot
08-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Nice ride dude
________
herbalaire vaporizer (http://herbalairevaporizer.com)

aerophoto
08-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Well I am back after two weeks of Airshow season. Time to put some more hours on the boat. Got a new prop Ouch 600 bucks but ready to go I will post some photos next week

YEA

Mikey
08-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Hey Aerophoto I've been hearing a lot of people mentioning this lake lately. Sounds like the up and coming place to go/buy,maybe. Just wondering where you go and how to find more info on places and things available.I've heard about 3 and1/2 hrs from Calgary depending on where you go?Unfortunetely a long way to go for a daytrip as we don't have an rv anymore but i/we are curios to know more and hope to go see in the near future. Any useful info would be appreciated.Sorry to hear about your prop,i have aspare which is still in the box for now.I've heard prop masters in Airdrie are the ones to go too around here or do you know of others?

aerophoto
08-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Just bought 1 Acre just south of the border. :) Just 10 min outside Eureka The lake is GREAT but does have hazards being a Dam however where my bother bought two years ago you can only boat for 2 months where we bought you can go from MAy long until October. As the US corp of engineers keep water levels at flood control height. I had a great time there. As for the Drive Three-4 hours longer if you are stuck at the border but it is not a busy crossing. As for the prop Got a new one no other damage and yes Prop Masters is the best but it is a 7-8 week wait to get one done they are very busy.

Was out a Ghost today and a lot of logs in the Dam so many I pulled the boat did not want another prop bent. A lot of people out there I saw two other Moombas one Green the other Blue. Next I will be at Pine or Sylvan Mon or Tue and Friday.

Hey Aerophoto I've been hearing a lot of people mentioning this lake lately. Sounds like the up and coming place to go/buy,maybe. Just wondering where you go and how to find more info on places and things available.I've heard about 3 and1/2 hrs from Calgary depending on where you go?Unfortunetely a long way to go for a daytrip as we don't have an rv anymore but i/we are curios to know more and hope to go see in the near future. Any useful info would be appreciated.Sorry to hear about your prop,i have aspare which is still in the box for now.I've heard prop masters in Airdrie are the ones to go too around here or do you know of others?

aerophoto
09-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Three weeks and away my baby go's for the winter :( However went out tonight and skied about 1.5 miles. on Glass all the way ;) Ghost Dam. Why is this a big deal Water 53 F 11C Yikes no wet suit But also I lost 40lbs this summer and I did not get tired. I FEEL GREAT Last year that long of ski would have killed me.

WOW

aerophoto
09-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Here is a photo YEA I FEEL GREAT

Mikey
09-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Hey lookin good.I was out last weekend myself but wimped out with a wetsuit as it was 58 degrees.the other thing is the lake we went to .Twin Valley is the same lake a lady drowned in the previous wed so when we went to the lake we were met buy the Fire dept..I wasn't sure if they would let us in but they just said that to watch out for them in one specific area,as they had a acadaver dog floating around in a zodiak looking and a sonar unit was coming. Anyways we skiied all day on mostly glass as well. The only thing was all day I really watched the water for anything out of the ordinary. Heres a bad joke but it might have given new meaning to the term hitting a dead head.No disrespect to the missing family member Hopefully they find the lady soon as i haven't heard anything in the news lately. Unfortunetly I have other commitments so will probably winterize very soon.Maybe we will run into one another some day.

zegm
09-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah yesterday I wimped out when I heard the wife yelp when she got in the water and both kids were wearing their shorties!!!

Water temp Mid 70's!!! It is all of what you get used to!

I need to order that O'Neil Paddle john! Or I will just be a driver for the rest of the year!

aerophoto
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
70 too cold LOL

Wish we had that problem. However on another note YIkes Summer is gone and soon my boat will get put to sleep until spring :)

Bill

zegm
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Luckily for us getting ready for the winter usually needs to be done by mid Dec. as we only average 12 "Nights" below freezing during Jan. and Feb. That means draining the water out of the engine and sometimes sucking some anti freeze into it or putting a 100 watt light bulb in the engine compartment. Then by April we will put her back in the water. Yes living here has us spoiled as now mid 70 degree water is COLD!!! I swear I am going to order a O'Neil paddle john soon!

09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Water was 57 the other nigth we went out. Dry Suits are the key up in Canada. You stay dry and warm (and more limber so less chance of an injury). Throw in closed toe wakeboard boots and it's like early season snowboarding late in the fall. I figure another month till it's too late, till then, I plan to be cold but on the water!

moombabound
09-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah yesterday I wimped out when I heard the wife yelp when she got in the water and both kids were wearing their shorties!!!

Water temp Mid 70's!!! It is all of what you get used to!

"Water in the '70's!!!"...In my current dreams!

Sept. 1, the overnight low was predicted to be zero (Celsius, 32F for the Southern folk).
(No I'm not at the North Pole. Yes, that's well below average).
Don't know what it was at 8 AM but I went for a long water ski (in case it was the last) and had to quit when my left hand started to freeze up. (Gotta bolt the old RTP on for dock starts this time of year). Hardest part was convincing my wife to drive when the wind chill factor likely put the temp below freezing.

Did a total clean up last night. Scratch removal, you name it. That's it for this year. Next outing...8 months...mid-May.

moombabound
09-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Aero,
Mobius Moment of Truth:

I gather from the thread that:
1. You have an LS
2. You previously skied behind an Outback
3. Your initial impression of the wake on the LS was that it was "HUGE".
4. Later, you reported you "got the wake FLAT".
6. From a different thread post, appears you now ski with a fair bit of ballast, and do not have the wake plate down fully.

A. In terms of wake quality for skiing, having had a season on it now, what's your level of satisfaction?
B. Can you confirm what ballast/plate setup you arrived at to get the wake from HUGE to FLAT?
i. I thought lighter=better.
ii. I also thought lifting the stern (plate down) was best for ski wake.
C. Have you surfed behind it? If so, what setup?

I'm a skier mainly but went with the V for the open seating and overall family benefit, though I was fully aware it would have a V wake. Still irritated by that V wake. Lamenting whether the LS might have been a better choice; another thread indicates LS might be the best cross-over boat.

aerophoto
09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Aero,
Mobius Moment of Truth:

I gather from the thread that:
1. You have an LS
2. You previously skied behind an Outback
3. Your initial impression of the wake on the LS was that it was "HUGE".
4. Later, you reported you "got the wake FLAT".
6. From a different thread post, appears you now ski with a fair bit of ballast, and do not have the wake plate down fully.

A. In terms of wake quality for skiing, having had a season on it now, what's your level of satisfaction?
B. Can you confirm what ballast/plate setup you arrived at to get the wake from HUGE to FLAT?
i. I thought lighter=better.
ii. I also thought lifting the stern (plate down) was best for ski wake.
C. Have you surfed behind it? If so, what setup?

I'm a skier mainly but went with the V for the open seating and overall family benefit, though I was fully aware it would have a V wake. Still irritated by that V wake. Lamenting whether the LS might have been a better choice; another thread indicates LS might be the best cross-over boat.

Yes I have had people surf behind the boat went GREAT The wake is still a little big but flat enough Just need to cut through the wake better. It took a new signal so the driver can move the wake with the wakeplate. We took a long time deciding on the boat I am very happy we went with the LS I think the lsv would have been a bad choice as we all ski. Full ballast for Surf and a lot of people in the back
So when we ski about 1/3 ballast and full up front to flatten out the wake Boat rides level Wake plate down 3/4 or so for me full for my daughter 15off. I also slowed down my speed to 27mph but I think my speedo is off as it was 9mph slower then my gps said I was going so was the perfect pass btw. I LOVE MY LS and am glad we did not go for the V drive.

Loved skiing behind our outback but I think the outback V and the LS are about the same.

Look at the last ski photos and you can see I had a GREAT SKI for about 2-3 miles.

aerophoto
09-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Might be the last Rainbow of the year

jester
09-26-2008, 07:13 PM
That is a nice pic. Now is that frost on your cover? If so that must be sad to wake up too in the morning.

aerophoto
09-27-2008, 12:51 AM
That is a nice pic. Now is that frost on your cover? If so that must be sad to wake up too in the morning.

No that is water from the rain that just passed had some frost three days ago however not a hrd frost so I will be out on Sunday to ski and then Tuesday.

aerophoto
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Man thats COLD WATER

Water 53F Air 70F