PDA

View Full Version : The Blues has arrived - 08 XLV

06-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Well it's finally home and I am up to 6 hours now. It was a long wait but as everyone here knows, well worth it. It's a bit dirty in the pictures but I am very pleased. The power difference between this and my i/o is huge! It's taking a while to get the steering down in the marina, but out on the open water, it's fun just to drive around.

So the details on the boat are pretty much every option but tower speakers. It's got Gravity 3 Ballast (1950 lbs), heaters, Appearance package, etc...

A few minor defects (2 screws missing, broken button, missing pin), but overall it has been good with no issues with anything major. Tested the ballast, perfect Pass and all lighting and it's great. One bigger concern is alternator whine when the egine is running through the stereo. I had this in my old boat and it's annoying but I assumed new boats would deal with this. Just waiting to hear back from my dealer.

So how do people wait a full 10 hours? I was told a few different things, but the manual says 10 hours. I'm dying waiting it out. I guess only 4 more to go, but still.

06-20-2008, 01:31 AM
More Pics inside.

aerophoto
06-20-2008, 02:04 AM
SWEET I might be up on Sunday to put 10 hours on my boat I get her at 4:00 PM
See you on the water

c.rix
06-20-2008, 02:17 AM
Nice boat 501 !!!! Just one question Do you have your rear tie downs on it looks like your boat has moved a bit.

tazz3069
06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Great looking boat. Welcome to the family. Every time I look at the XLV, I like it more and more. Don's get me wrong, I love my LSV. I like that it is bigger and it comes with the 340hp motor. Have fun with it. Yes It is hard to be easy on her for your first 10 hours.

kaneboats
06-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Gorgeous! Love everything about it. Very happy for you!!!

JesseC
06-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Nice boat 501 !!!! Just one question Do you have your rear tie downs on it looks like your boat has moved a bit.

It took me a second to see what c.rix was talking about. Make sure you get the bow on the front trailer roller really good. The boat will bounce around if it is not good and snug. If you are only moving it a couple of feet, it will not be an issue. I know that I only move mine about half a mile, but mine bounces pretty good in that short distance and I do not want the damage.

Great looking boat, I am extremely jealous!!! love the color combos, I may have to steal the color ideas in a few years.

tprkolbas
06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
nice color choices! i didn't wait until 10 hours -- started pulling people at 7 hours. the dealer said at least 5, and i read a few threads on here that said 10 was not necessary. have fun.

06-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys.

About the boat not being at the front of the trailer, here is the story. As I was loading it at the ramp my neighbor who has been boating for 30 years wanted to help because he happened to be at the dock. I drove it on and he cranked the whinch and told me it was good. I never noticed till I was taking the pictures. Oh I forgot to mention he has one glass eye and the other eye has 6% vision, so it's not really his fault :) On a side note he's by far the best barefooter I've ever seen and used to be national competitor and is considered legally blind. Flips, tumbles, he can do it all.

Cheers! I have 6 hours so I might go this weekend....

ian ashton
06-20-2008, 03:56 PM
That is an AWESOME looking boat! I wish that I could have ordered our Outback with the black base color, looks really good!

GeauxTigers
06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
She's a beaut! Don't worry about the hours going up. I got mine to 20 in no time at all. Two weeks ago, I took it to Marine Products for service (at 21 hrs) and headed to Lake Powell in Southern Utah last Sunday (father day). By the time we took her out of the water last Saturday, I was up to 49 hrs!!!!!!

:cool:

Membrain
06-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Sweet! Aren't these boats huge!!!!!!!

We now have 109 hours on ours!!!!

06-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Membrain, I am coming forom an 18 foot i/o so ya it feels huge, but we had 11 people in it the other night and it didn't feel cramped at all (mind you 2 were small kids).

You have 109 already? Wow, that is a lot of riding! Must be great times!

I do love the boat, can't wait to finally try wakeboarding behind a boat with real wakes, hoepfully it's calm this weekend.