PDA

View Full Version : CWB Pure 140cm

tazz3069
06-19-2008, 09:19 PM
I just picked up my first board today. Kinda of excited to learn to wake board. I have been skiing for over 30 years now and want to try something different. It ia the CWB Pure wakeboard 140 cm with the Torq Hinge boots. I am going to try it this weekend. One question, for me, a beginner, how should I set up the boot? I was told to leave a little tow out. Is that good or should I be straight forward in the begining?

04OUTBACK
06-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Tazz.
I set mine with a slightly open/duck stance. Jump straight up and when you land, note your width of your stance.. this will be a good starting point.
I will look for the set up instructions that came with my last set of bindings.. it gave 3 scenarios for beginner, inter and advanced.
Most beginner setup instructions set up for riding only on your dominant / normal stance.
I think that was more of your back foot perp. to the board and the front open.. this helps feel the stance a little til you get your body used to twisting!!

NCSUmoomba
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Yep, jumping up and down and noting the position of your feet is the best way. I think for my next setup, I may dip my feet in something (water, corn oil, paint?) and jump onto several pieces of cardboard so I have a record of where I land. I can then take the average and set the bindings up perfectly. From what I hear, if you don't have the proper amount of "duck" in your bindings, when you land hard, that is what can cause knee injuries. I know one girl who is really good, she moved her bindings just a bit one day to see if she liked it, then I think she crashed on a backroll, and tore her ACL. So binding placement is serious.

Also, I would recommend not doing the "beginner" setup with the two bindings in different directions/positions. I recommend setting up the boat symmetrically nose to tail. As soon as possible, you should begin learning to ride switch, and if your board is setup the same on both ends, it will "feel" the same. Or should I say the board will ride the same, it will feel very odd. If you get used to the asymmetrical "beginner" setup, when you start riding switch, you will have to reposition the bindings for this. Then you will have to get used to two new riding positions instead of just one. Good luck.

tazz3069
06-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. I am going to try it this weekend.

cab13367
06-21-2008, 12:36 AM
tazz,

You are in for a treat. You will have a blast.

Let us know how it goes, and post some pics!

Al

tazz3069
06-22-2008, 12:26 AM
WOW!!! You guys were right. I had a blast. the new board was awesome. It took me about 4 tries to get up. After I was up, it was hard to get me to let go. I have been skiing for about 30 years without trying anything different. Now 39, it is time for a change. Better late than never. The boat pulled awesome. Very impressed with it. I had 9 people in the boat. 3 of them being on the large size. She had enough power to handle the weight. I also had the bags about 3/4 full. Great day on the water. I should be getting the pictures from my sisters in laws camera.