PDA

View Full Version : New Tower Setup

byronkoz
06-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Just thought id post some pics of my new tower box/speakers.

c.rix
06-19-2008, 10:18 AM
looks good I also have that model of kicker speakers on mine but mine are 6.5"s

Too bad you didn't contact me I would have make a custom one for ya. Next time maybe

jasonba1
06-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Hey your setup looks great. How much would you make a custom one for me for?

Thanks

Jason

byronkoz
06-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah its nice, you should post up a price or at least ballpark. I can tell you mine complete, wetbox, speakers, clamps and wiring was under $500 and with only 75rms to each speaker it screams. Oh I bought the speakers and wiring seperate from the box/clamps.

c.rix
06-19-2008, 05:42 PM
I am thinking with the mounts that I have on mine ~275 painted and shipped.

also I have seen a few different designs that I want to try out.

I talked with my buddy that coded my moomba design and he is willing to do others supra, moomba, last names (that are short enough)ect.

Byronkoz-your wetbox is the one on ebay right? They are nice but I am going to make a few different designs or 6 speaker set ups like the ones I have seen on MB boats.

Also did you wire your speakers in series ar parallel ?

byronkoz
06-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah mines the wetbox sold on Ebay. The box is structually great but lacks a bit in the finish, something that can be taken care of with a little customizing this winter if I decide to keep it. I wired the speaker paralell. Im running a 2 channel Fosgate amp to them right now because thats what I needed for the Vamp Spins I had before, probley gonna switch that out after summer as well.

That is a real good price, im sure you'll have no problem selling them espesially since you can put the differant logos/names on them, very cool. Mabye after this summer i'll get one from you if I like how this box works out for me. My girlfriend would like something a little more blingy so we'll see.

c.rix
06-19-2008, 08:32 PM
I was looking on the ebay site and noticed they must be using a form for theirs mine has the skeleton of mdf inside still. I also web in the skeleton with fiberglass mat for added strength.
Im kinda a perfectionist so the finish on mine is near perfect I need to wetsand it but I wanted to use it so it will wait till winter I guess. I have had mine in rough water 2-3 foot chop and no issues at all

Your mounts are nicer than mine but I could order some if I wanted the extra bling I think that people look at the box and don't even notice clamps

Im sorry for whoring your thread

byronkoz
06-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Actually its good your letting us all know about the box's your able to make. If I hadnt allready bought the one I have id for sure hit you up for one and may still if your making any after summers over. Allways good to have options!! Oh and I think the mounts that DIY Wake sells are just like these if not the same?

c.rix
06-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Actually its good your letting us all know about the box's your able to make. If I hadnt allready bought the one I have id for sure hit you up for one and may still if your making any after summers over. Allways good to have options!! Oh and I think the mounts that DIY Wake sells are just like these if not the same?

Yes they are the same mounts

jasonba1
06-22-2008, 04:11 PM
Have you ever thought about mounting lights in them as well?

c.rix
06-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Have you ever thought about mounting lights in them as well?

It would be easy enough to do that, but I think that most people want them to be able to point them.

byronkoz
06-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I actually intalled 4 extra rca jacks (2 on each side) for lights and LED's. If I decide to keep the box i'll put blue LED's in the speakers and lights with swivle mounts forward and back facing.