PDA

View Full Version : How to get a crisp perfect wake

MAPWPD
06-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey I have a 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV, I want a perfect wake for me. The wakeboard mags said 75ft rope 22mph and wakeplate up with all three bags full. My wife and two other 135 lbs people on the boat flat day and whitewash. Another time loaded with 9 average people and 75ft rope 22mph wakeplate up same thing. So should I empty bags or speed up or shorten rope ?????? I had a 21 ft deck boat thought I would be gettin higher and no luck yet????

cab13367
06-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Hey I have a 2008 Moomba Mobius LSV, I want a perfect wake for me. The wakeboard mags said 75ft rope 22mph and wakeplate up with all three bags full. My wife and two other 135 lbs people on the boat flat day and whitewash. Another time loaded with 9 average people and 75ft rope 22mph wakeplate up same thing. So should I empty bags or speed up or shorten rope ?????? I had a 21 ft deck boat thought I would be gettin higher and no luck yet????

I'm thinking that your speedometer might be off and that you are actually going several MPH slower than indicated. Try speeding up a little at a time, and play with the wakeplate as well. Also, make sure your peeps are spread evenly around the boat.

I upgraded the ballast over the winter on my 2006 LSV to the stock bags on the 07-08 so I'm running the same amount of ballast (1200 lbs) as you and have the same hull. This weekend, with my wife driving, a 200+ friend in the observer's seat (across from my wife) and 4 smallish kids randomly positioned in the boat, I had a perfect, crisp wake on both sides. One thing though - my wife had the wakeplate half-way down. I usually set it all the way up. I was at 75' and going 21 mph (checked it with the gps).

Hope that helps a little.

Al

04OUTBACK
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
at 75', you may have to go a little faster than 22 as well.
I have 06 LSV and have 400 in locker and 750s in rear, but only fill rear about half so that would compare to your set up.. I ride around 20-21 and 70' and get clean wakes..
I ride with wakeplate at 50% mostly and sometimes about 75%up..
one of my riding buds rides at 75 and usually 22.5 - 23 and gets clean wakes at that speed.
If you still have trouble, experiment with adding weight to bow.. This hull likes bow weight! If I fill my 750s up full, you HAVE to put some people up front to balance it out..

Good luck, have fun and glad you got a new 08 LSV

Limishowman3
06-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Best way to help is by taking pictures. I need to get me a gps though, I have two speedometers on my outback, and one says 22mph while the other says 20.5mph. Duno which to believe. But I ride to what just feels comfortable on that day.

smokedog2
06-18-2008, 07:08 AM
You sound new to this. Empty the sacks, start there, then the center sac, etc. You do not need all that weight in these boats.

Oh, I can hear the indignation from peanut gallery already.

MAPWPD
06-18-2008, 07:17 AM
But I would think that if you wanted a large wake you should be able to fill them all the way and put the wakeplate all the way up. I feel like that should be the best and biggest it can get, the adjustments should be small, not fine tunning.......

tlatoani
06-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I like to ride a bit slow myself, somewhere around 22. I take about 10' off of the rope and it puts me in a pretty sweet spot. Of course, that is an XLV so it may be a bit different.

Eric Z
06-18-2008, 12:29 PM
More weight in the front..... I have an 06 LSV. I have 400lb under the front seats, 400lb in the locker, and 900lb in the back. I use the wake plate to clean up the wash, just down past half way. Wake is huge.....I hope the pic worked but if it doesnt e-mail me and I will send you more of the whole set up. [email protected]

tprkolbas
06-18-2008, 02:19 PM
i also have an 08 lsv with the same set up as you. i'm still trying to perfect my wake as well. one day i had 5 people in the boat with the gravity 3 filled plus about another 600-700 pounds of ballast in a bow bag. i was boarding at 65 feet and 22.5 mph, wakeplate all the way up. the wake was huge. problem was that it was slow out of the hole because of all the weight and difficult to steer.

i've also gone without the front ballast and 4 people in the boat (center area). the wake was still pretty good, but again slow out of the hole. i had to start with the plate down and lift it up when i planed out. another problem seemed to be that the boat seemed more bouncy - i definately needed some bow weight.

my buddy likes the wake at 70 ft and 24-24.5 mph. he's not landing out in the flats that way, but he's better than i am and i can't clear the wake at that speed.

on my previous 05 ls, the set up was quite a bit different. i went at 70 ft and 24.5 mph with 800 lbs of ballast and plate up. the wake wasn't as big as my new boat tho.

pickle311
06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
i also have an 08 lsv with the same set up as you. i'm still trying to perfect my wake as well. one day i had 5 people in the boat with the gravity 3 filled plus about another 600-700 pounds of ballast in a bow bag. i was boarding at 65 feet and 22.5 mph, wakeplate all the way up. the wake was huge. problem was that it was slow out of the hole because of all the weight and difficult to steer.

What prop do you have? On my 07 LSV I'm running the center 400lb sac, the 750lb intergrated bow sac full, and 750lb sacs in each rear compartment about 1/3rd full and wake plate about 3/4 up. I ride at 70ft and 22mph, the wake is big and clean. I don't even feel the weight in the boat. It jumps right out of the hole and handles fine.
I can fill the 750s up, but I have to drop the wake plate down almost all the way to clean up the wake, it's huge though. I'll try to get some pics this weekend.