PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing

ezreitter
09-27-2003, 08:06 AM
I have no owners manual and my dealer "can't" get one for me. What do I need to do to properly winterize my boat? Thanks!

DOCDRS
09-27-2003, 10:41 PM
i have a 99 outback ls w ballast tanks.....I put gas stabilizer in full tank of gasfirst and run thru engine (very important ), fog engine, change oil n filter, remove impeller, drain block(two draincocks on lower block), tranny cooler(disconnect lower cooler hose),exhaust manifold ( quick disconect), water pump (disconnect hose to pump located just above impellar), fill block thru stopcock with -50 plumbing antifreeze (insurance and lubrication), disconnect battery and store in basement not on concrete and charge in mid january, pour about 1 cup plumbing antifreeze in ballast exhaust so pumps dont crack(experience), ......has worked well last 3 winters in northern ontario with no problems at all in spring..... anyone has any other add ons ,i think i got it all save cover n wax

doug

carsondoc
09-29-2003, 02:58 PM
Go to indmar.com. They have an online manual. It has the information there.

However, this is just the winterizing info for your engine. Remember, there are things that should be done for your boat as well. Check your owner's manual for a complete list of recommended checks.

ezreitter
09-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Got the info off Indmar site- thanks - but since I have no boat-owners manual, what type of non-engine maintinence needs to be done?

Thanks

carsondoc
10-02-2003, 10:42 AM
The primary thing is to ensure that there is absolutely no water in the boat (ballast systems included of course). Usually, just a good cleaning and making sure the thing is dried out well, covered and protected from the elements.

I have seen some other detailed instructions that I found once on the Malibu forum. Good Luck.

waterboy
10-04-2003, 02:41 AM
Here's a link to a really good article on how to winterize your boat, from the Mastercraft people.

http://www.aquaskier.com/articles/boat_storage_and_winterization.htm

Brian