PDA

View Full Version : Locking gas cap?

jkendall79
06-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Does anyone know where I might be able to find a locking gas cap for my outback? A few of my neighbors have had their gas siphoned out over the last few nights, so I'm hoping to find something to prevent this from happening. I pay enough for gas as it is in California without having to replace stolen gas!

08blackmobius
06-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Kendall,

I have been told by my local dealer that my 2008 LSV has an anti siphon on the gas tank. You couldn't get it out that way even if you wanted to. Not sure what boat you have or the year. I would ask your dealer if that year is the same or if this is a new feature.

JesseC
06-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I would think that you could not syphon it out through the filler. In my LSV there is a 90 degree fitting where the filler connects to the tank and I have tried numerous times to syphon gas out for winterization without any luck. Take a hose out to the boat and see if you can blow bubbles in the gas tank. My bet is you will never hit the gas to begin with. I would check this out before spending money.

Schmitter
06-17-2008, 07:28 PM
2005 Silverado had some kind of screen or something preventing me from siphoning out the gas when I went to turn it in at the end of the lease. My 2002 didn't have this "feature" so when I turned it in at the end of the lease I was able to get about 20 gallons back.

jkendall79
06-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Jesse you were right, I can't get the hose any where near the gas. Thanks for the info, you saved me from blowing money on something I didn't need.-Jason