PDA

View Full Version : Switch panel fell off and it's 1 day old *pic*

deafgoose
06-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Any suggestions on how to fix this? My dealer is 200miles away. :-(

http://www.dansouliere.com/pictures/panel.jpg

jimmobius
06-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Maybe a little 5 minute epoxy on the places where it broke off. Tape the panel in place on the dash with masking tape. A little skin so soft on the masking tape residue on the dash . Jim .

tazz3069
06-12-2008, 11:18 PM
5 min epoxy will work great. Home Depot has it. Use painters masking tape to hold it. This tape will not leave a glue residue on the dash. Good luck. BTW that really sucks. Especially when it is only a day old.

Aquaholic
06-18-2008, 10:19 AM
If you don't want drive to the dealer, get him the picture and let him order you a new trim panel and have it drop shipped directly to you. With the new one on the way you can try and fix it yourself. If you booboo you have a new one to fall back on. Looks like the back was not cleaned well and the glue failed to hold. Or someone over tightened the panel, either way not the thing you want to see. Makes you worry what else is going to happen.

If this is your first boat be prepared to have a squalk list. It will be little things but don't let it frustrate you. Just work it out with the dealer, if they are top notch they will make it right. If they don't do not hestitate to call the plant and let them know the trouble you are having. Trust me that dealership will get a phone call from Rick if need be. I know for a fact that the plant is working to lower the warranty items per boat for a better build.

FYI my 05 had seventeen things that had to be addressed, from a dead radio to a bilge pump with carpet fuzz that killed it. Everything was handle but I was skeptical in the beginning but I was won over by the dealership. To date it would be hard to say who on this site loves their boat more than I love mine.

Aqua

zegm
06-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Aqua!!!! We love ours more! And we feel the pain cause she ain't here right now!!!!! I do have some carpet falling down from under the sides!